If you’ve made it this far, you’ve either already checked out my pictures and think I'm at least relatively handsome (thank you), or you put more weight in words and are reading this first. Either way, thank you for being awesome and getting this far!
I’m a little random, intense, relaxed, out going, and shy. I'm pretty nerdy. I make no apologies for this and kind of hope that you're similarly nerdy in some way, shape, or form.
I prefer low-key situations, small gatherings, dive bars; Sunday’s over Friday’s (especially during Football season); A Netflix binge session over a crowded club. And, I’m usually down for pretty much any kind of game... board game, video game, mildly physical game (pool, mini golf, Buck Hunter?)... but really, I enjoy harmless competition. When the weather is nice, I love to get out and play disc golf.
Generally, if good people are involved, then it sounds like a good time to me. I’m also big on non-small talk... not to say that I can't handle small talk, but, it's not that exciting.
I do my best to keep evolving, learning, and growing.
And for you Meyers-Briggs fans, I’m an INFJ… this article does a fun job of decoding that (some more accurately than others, but it's a basic idea and mostly true):
It must be tough for a woman going through her OKC inbox to find a decent message... it's like finding a needle in a hey-stack :) http://i.imgur.com/oEhVvjZ.gif
Listening, helping with problems, writing, creating, contextual/situational humor, cooking (when I have someone to cook for, otherwise I don't usually go too fancy).
I also got LASIK and don't wear glasses anymore, hence not putting it in this section - but I'd guess it used to be a first thing...
Books: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Giver, The Zombie Survival Guide, The Golden Compass (and His Dark Materials in general, truly one of the best series of books ever), The Tao of Pooh, Hamlet, the Hunger Games series, the Harry Potter series, and The Watchmen (if you never read more than 1 comic/graphic novel in your life, make this that 1), currently reading (and enjoying) The Sandman by Neil Gaiman.
Movies: Stranger Than Fiction, The Invention of Lying, The Usual Suspects, Lucky Number Slevin, Serenity, Love Actually, Ratatouille, Pitch Perfect, Guardians of the Galaxy, Field of Dreams, basically any Marvel movie...
Shows: Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, How I Met Your Mother, Firefly, Dollhouse, Parks and Recreation, Breaking Bad, Community, House of Cards, Pushing Daisies, Chuck, Sense8, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Top Gear, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.
Music: The Avett Brothers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Mumford and Sons, Radiohead, Damien Rice, Ani Difranco, Pink Floyd, and in general classic rock and current alt. rock (along with at least a mild appreciation for just about all types of music... even if it's band specific).
Food: Pretty much all food is good food... I've been on a recent sushi kick... And I'll almost never turn down a good burger.
Material: Guitar, Computer, Card/Board Games, Phone, Kindle, Xbox
I watched this movie 5 times in a row and never stopped laughing.
I have finally come to terms with the fact that, I generally live in some level of "organized chaos" (except for common areas, I'm pretty good with those). It makes sense to me. I can find things (ironically) very easily. Maybe at some point I'll be someone with a spotlessly clean room, but that's not this week, or this month. If that's a deal-breaker, HEY! Now you know :)
- There were things in my profile that gave you this reaction. http://i.imgur.com/7WpF4NC.gif
- You're looking for someone that you can share some of your interests/hobbies with and vice versa.
- You like any one (or all) of the following: Random creative ventures, Doctor Who, superhero stuff, board games, Magic The Gathering, trivia, bowling, shooting pool, disc golf, video games... I know in the end none of that stuff really matters, but it could be a start to a beautiful friendship at least.
- You enjoy conversations ranging from politics and religion, to zombie survival tactics and food.
- You're looking for an eventual best friend that you can enjoy sexy-fun playtime with (http://i.imgur.com/hJxHAVG.gif link SFW). I mean, there are no guarantees that I'm going to be that eventual best friend, but I'm not a random hook-up type guy (quasi-old-fashioned... courtship, chivalry, and what not), so that's what I'm looking for.
- You made it this far and you're still reading with some level of curiosity/interest... which is either very concerning, or it means you're insanely awesome! I'm going to guess insanely awesome...
Lastly, I like to put a random-ish video here and change it up from time to time, so...
I think this is the kind random/weird/awesomeness of who I'm looking for...
Someone that can listen to that song and picture it being a fun, upbeat first dance (wedding) song where the bridal party is slowly but surely brought onto the dance floor (maybe in some ridiculous pre-planned dance (possibly with a bit of swing dancing involved (and a dance circle toward the end?))) as the song continues... I don't know why, but whenever I hear this song I always picture how much fun that would be... call me a quasi-hippy slightly hopeless romantic that randomly thinks about stuff like that.