At the moment, I'm doing an internship with Microsoft Research Cambridge, which pretty much is more of my PhD, with the addition of sneaking time on the grand piano in the lobby once most people have gone home.
I'm also the Treasurer and President Elect of UCLU Sci-Fi and Fantasy Society. Which mostly means that I really like playing board games, organising people to go out and do things (like going to gigs, Rock and Metal night clubs and throwing parties), and drinking cider at the Euston Tap.
As a backup plan, I've been going pretty nuts about photography of late.
This is a picture of the sunset at midsummer in Finland that I took recently:
Coming up with ridiculous ideas for things to make out of microprocessors. For instance - auto opening/closing curtains, multicoloured fan lighting in my computer, a computer keyboard.
I've also been playing piano since I was about 10 years old - I mostly play ragtime and bits and bobs that I feel like learning.
I'm also know my way around a proper camera. Rather heavily into photography as a hobby.
Films: Marvel's Comic Universe, Studio Ghibli (with my favourite probably being Princess Mononoke), The Matrix, Dark City.
Shows: I largely watch relatively little TV at the moment, but I do follow Game of Thrones, in addition to Doctor Who and Sherlock. I'm also very fond of British comedy for nostalgic reasons - Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, Black Adder, Black Books, etc.
Music: primarily Rock, Metal, Punk and Ska - Flogging Molly, Frank Turner, Sonata Arctica, almost anything that has a piano in, Pomp and Circumstance March. I also really love live music (and rock/metal clubs).
Video games: I'm rather fond of Undertale. Undertale tells a story through player interaction and does an exceptional job of it. It's a truly excellent piece of art, and it couldn't be done through any other medium.
* Trees, open green spaces, places that remind me of home.
* My Fujifilm mirrorless camera.
* Bullet points.
* What time of year is best to visit lapland again to photograph the Northern Lights without freezing my arse off.
* How I can convert London to using Finnish saunas.
* The answer to life the universe and everything.
* When I can next abuse my 30% Pizza Express student discount.
* Egalitarianism and how it can be better implemented, probably feminism in particular.
* Playing board games.
* Hanging out with UCLU Sci-Fi and Fantasy Society.
* Going to Voodoo Rock and Metal night and dancing until the sun rises (or on one occasion, the snow falls).
* Going to some sort of party.
* Curled up in bed watching a film, TV or reading a book.