I'm pretty easy-going, but I'm finding more and more that after the work day is done, it's a little hard to meet people, so I'm giving this a try. I'm a former intern at 101X, and it really made me realize my love of music. Because of that, I do a podcast based on a radio show I had in 2012 at Texas State. It's a blast!
I recently moved to Kingsland, TX, about 2 hours away from San Marcos, about an hour or so from Austin depending on where you go, but make it to the city as often as I can to play and catch shows. Jeez, I should've updated this a while ago.
I love it when people can make me laugh, but also have intelligent conversations with me. Yes, I will watch Family Guy over and over, even if they are re-runs, and I will laugh like a damned child. It's my guilty pleasure. Sorry, not sorry.
Also, there are a couple things I want to be up front about:
- I am chronically ill. Sometimes it strikes quick and lays me out for days on end. If I have to cancel or can't make it out to the city, it may seem like I'm flaking out on you, I promise I'm not, my condition makes me kind of unpredictable. Sometimes I may have to cut a date or outing short because I've gotten sick or the pain gets too bad. PLEASE don't take it personally!
- I'm Ace, and not interested in sex. Intimacy is something totally different to me, but not on the table if we don't even know each other. If it's a deal breaker, I get it, but don't message me looking for something I can't give you.
Favorite Superhero: Deadpool
Hobbies: Hookah, Podcasting, and Roller Derby (Sammi Winchester)
American Horror Story
Orange is the New Black
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Anime: (FIGHT ME.)
Attack on Titan (I don't know why I love it so much, but I keep coming back to it. Seriously, every time I'm hurting or sick, I turn it on and it makes me feel better. Which in hindsight sounds weird and depraved.)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
YuYu Hakasho (Just Finished)
The Big Lebowski
The Wall (play the album and there's a 9 out of 10 chance I'll cry.)
- The Sex Pistols
- G-Dragon (and associated acts: BigBang, TOP, Taeyung all that jazz)
- Journey (really, any classic rock)
- All that emo shit from the early 2000's - if you bring it up I'll deny it but I am physically unable to resist singing along to The Black Parade I am so sorry ahead of time.
- Pink Floyd - Dark Side was OKAY, but The Wall is my favorite. See above.
- Ari Koivunen/Amoral (Filed under: artists I've met and embarrassed myself in front of)
- Black Veil Brides (FIGHT ME)
- Aesop Rock (lyrics like a motherfucker)
- Nine Inch Nails (If you bring it up I do that white girl thing where I put my hand on my chest and go "uuuuuuuuuuh, yes."
- Mayhem (HISTORY. It's musical HISTORY)
And a bunch of other stuff; my taste is basically "If it sounds good, I'm in." It's really eclectic.
- Pokemon Y
- Mass Effect
- Legend of Zelda (ALL OF THEM. Though Majora's Mask is maybe my favorite?)
- Halo (just finished the original, cannot for the life of me find Halo 2 and I have to play them in order because reasons.)
- Smash Bros. (has a special place in my heart. also i'll kick your ass.)
- Resident Evil
And food? I try to eat clean and healthy to stay on top of my illness, but every once in a blue moon, pasta and pizza win. I'm lactose-intolerant and gluten makes me sick but do not let that fool you, I will eat pizza and drink beer like it's my job.