I grew up on the shoreline so if I go without seeing the ocean for too long, I go stir-crazy. I love laying on the bow of a boat, watching the hull slice through the waves. The dichotomy of man vs. nature in that moment amazes me.
I love being outside whether that's on a boat, at the beach, in my garden, or walking through the woods. I love every season for its own unique reasons, so I could never pick a favorite. There is something magical about snow, reinvigorated about nature blossoming in spring... There's something sexy about the summer heat countered by cool ocean waves, and the riot of fall color in New England is undeniably exciting.
I can almost always find the good in everything, even if it takes hindsight to achieve that clarity. Because of this, I love to try new things, and I'm always willing to explore new activities, ideas and characters.
I want someone who works hard, but plays hard too. I'm very driven and I bust my butt to do well with my work, but I am also very playful and silly. I want a man who can appreciate and match my work ethic as well as my inner child.
I like all different kinds of movies. I watch chick flicks with my girl friends, action and war movies with my guy friends, and I love comedies.
My favorite TV shows at the moment are Criminal Minds, Law & Order: SVU, NCIS, the Big Bang Theory, and How I Met Your Mother. I am also slightly embarrassed to admit I love The Notebook, Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, and Grey's Anatomy, but I promise I'll never force you to watch them with me, hehehee.
For music, I listen to a little bit of everything so chances are I'll enjoy something on your playlist.
I don't like eggs for breakfast, butter on my toast, or cheese on anything except pizza. But I like most other things and I'm always willing to try something new. Seafood is probably my favorite food group, and Italian my favorite cooking style. I've been pretty strict with my diet lately as I'm trying to lose some weight. I'm normally not a pick-at-a-salad chick but lately that's the story of my life. When I reach my goals I promise to splurge and eat a burger or pizza with you...
2. My family, especially my eldest sister Megan. She has Down Syndrome and is the embodiment of all things kind and innocent and loving. She is my angel, my inspiration, and if you don't love Megan you will never have a chance with me. I consider my friends to be an extension of my family.
3. My hands. I love to draw and design and I would flounder without my hands.
4. My pets. When I go too long without a visit to my parents I go through puppy-withdrawal, lol. I also have a cat. I can't imagine living without him, even when he misbehaves...
5. My photos. I love keeping scrapbooks to commemorate my experiences, especially my travels. I would be devastated if I ever lost them.
6. My journal. It contains my rambles, plenty of word vomit and drivel, but also my hopes, my dreams, and my secrets.
I am a very straight forward and honest person and I'm looking for a guy who actually knows how to communicate. I love marathon-txting, sleepy late-night phone calls and curling up with a guy for the serious talks. Trust is incredibly important to me, so even the little white lies are unacceptable. And I don't do games, so if you want to play, please don't bother me...