*My profile is long, I know...So, first, a couple notes you might find relevant:
- Location isn't a big thing for me. I travel a lot and I looove connecting with kindred spirits everywhere!
- I use OKC as a means of meeting like-hearted people, not with the primary intention of finding something romantic or sexual (though I'm open and excited for that too). I like connecting with people first on the basis of shared humanness and letting relationships evolve organically.
Now on to the summary...
Life to me is about showing up fully - being in the moment, feeling, growing, learning, and connecting, while also slowing down and enjoying the so-called "small" things and having fun doing it.
I'm known to say "mmmmmmmm" a lot...and "wow" and "yummy." Haha. I'm very expressive, appreciative, and easily impressed with the natural wonders of life. I often say "thank you!" out loud to Life/the Universe/Spirit, in a way that would seem random and even crazy to some people.
I LOVE DANCING (especially ecstatic, contact improv, fusion, and blues...recently turned on to zouk), meditating, writing, reading, cooking, walking, snuggling, being with loved ones, practicing yoga, and listening to inspiring talks and recordings. I love being out in nature and I get to the mountains pretty often. I just started CLIMBING and I loooove it! Ooh, and I love AUTHENTIC RELATING/CIRCLING, and I recently started facilitating (see authenticworld.org , authenticnc.com).
Right now, most of my focused work energy is going into finishing my first book! Other forms my "work" takes: coaching/counseling, speaking/teaching, facilitating Authentic Relating, sensual movement, holistic sexuality, meditation, Yoga Nidra (iRest)...All really based on looooving people and inviting them into presence from a place of curiosity and sensuality.
Exploring, traveling...home is everywhere. (Cali! Ireland! Maui!) It seems I'll be doing a lot more traveling in the next few years and I'm excited to see where that will take me and who I'll connect with along the way! Wow. So many amazing beings out there!!!
I fantasize about living closer to the land, growing most of my own food. I love having my hands in the dirt, my bare feet on the Earth. On one hand, I think I'd eventually like to live on some kind of co-created permaculture homestead, maybe a cooperative community. On the other, I want to remain free for boundless travel and exploration! Both possibilities excite me, maybe they can go together. Right now, I'm feeling grateful and excited about having so much freedom to explore. I'm also OPEN and I'm excited to connect with my partner(s?!) and see what we feel drawn to creating together :)
Hugging - I get lots of comments on this, which feels really sweet! I've been told by many people that I give "the best hugs ever." Awww <3
Dancing like nobody's watching :)
Some favorite WRITERS/TEACHERS are Eckhart Tolle, Jeff Foster, Adyashanti, Mooji, Richard Miller, Ramana Maharshi, Thick Nhat Hanh, Gangaji, Bentinho Massaro (usually...ha), Craig Hamilton, Barbara Fredrickson, Brene Brown, Byron Katie, and Sheri Winston. Mmmm and I swoon for some Hafiz and Rumi!
FOOD is a big focus in my life...
I love healthy food made from high quality ingredients. Mostly organic/sustainable and lots of local/seasonal. Lots of veggies, lots of whole foods. Broadly speaking, some of my favorites are Japanese, Thai, and Indian cuisine...And mmm...YES to fermented foods and green smoothies!
I've experimented a lot with different diets/ways of eating, but have found it's most important to focus on listening to what my body wants at any given time, and being open to that changing, instead of deciding to "be" vegan, paleo, etc.. My morals do have a strong influence on what I eat. That said, I've found that my body/mind has not yet been able to function optimally on a vegan diet and in order to fully honor life and whatever it is I'm here to do, I currently do eat meat, with deep reverence and gratitude for the animals.
I love MUSIC that I can MOVE to...My taste is pretty eclectic, although lately I've been getting more into electronic. I also like listening to traditional flute music, drums, and Kirtan. I've always tended to be mostly drawn to individual songs/pieces and don't usually listen to a lot of music by any one artist, some current favorites are by East Forest, Scott August, Mamuse, Shimshai, The Human Experience, Hang Massive, Nahko and Medicine for the People, Rising Appalachia, and Trevor Hall.
I don't have a TV, but I do enjoy watching a good comedy or documentary every once in a while. I'm super picky about what I watch or consume in general.
Spiritual practice (seeing increasingly that all of life is spiritual
practice, but I also love and value specific practices)
Materially, I'd rather not be without a pen and something to write on. I've also been getting into hooping and playing native flute, so I'd like to have those things around too :).
Bonus points: You love to dance or are at least open to trying.
- As far as romantic relationships go, *age range* is most likely closer to my own age, but I love connecting with kindred spirits of all ages, genders, ethnicities, orientations, etc.. In general, I am very much attracted to men, but I don't identify as "straight." For me, potential for partnership is based on personal resonance, and I'm open to finding that with anyone.
- Historically, I've leaned strongly towards monogamy and maybe that's what I'll want in the long run. Most recently, I've been loving ethical non-monogamy, exploring new forms of relationships beyond what I ever would have considered in the past, and wow...It feels so powerful and expansive.
For now, what feels most natural is to explore and honor what feels right and nourishing for me and for any given person/people I'm with, letting it all evolve moment by moment, with deep and honest communication and respect, without trying to pre-define or put limitations on what that's supposed to look like. Who knows...that may take the form of me wholeheartedly and enthusiastically being monogamous with one person for the rest of my life...Or maybe not. So, haha...yes, I am open to possibilities! Whatever form my relationships take, I love deeply with the utmost integrity. <3
- I see love and beauty in everyone! My life is also delightfully full and I'm particular about the relationships I spend time cultivating. There's room for more (in varying forms), but generally only if we share enough of the same passion that it feels like a big YES for both of us. You're awesome, whether we resonate with each other or not. :)