1. I will actually listen when you talk to me. In fact people in the past have asked me how I know something about them that they themselves told me in a rant that they obviously assumed I was paying no attention to. I was.
2. When it is my turn to talk you'll find I talk a lot and with a degree of passion you might not be familiar with. I'm not one for small talk and local gossip.
3. I am the co-host of a Podcast called the Ludocast. It's about video games and I also write for the Ludus Press website. Check us out sometime. I also do a show called S4 which is about superhero shows and movies. You can check that out by searching for S4 on YouTube. Not that I'm famous or rich or anything. If you want a sense of who I am, though, I have a feeling hours worth of audio and video tracks will do a lot better job of things than 5 short paragraphs.
4. I'm the son of two self proclaimed "foodies". While I can hold my own in any food debate, and am familiar with and have likely even tried even the most exotic foods you present to me, personally I'd be happy with a burger and fries for dinner. And no the burger doesn't have to be a brisket/prime rib mix topped with arugula, aged goat gouda and a locally sourced tomato jam, all on a freshly baked brioche bun, but I wouldn't be against such a burger either. Basically, you'll find me equally at home at McDonald's and at restaurants owned by the top chefs found on the Food Network. I can cook you a 5 star dinner, but I'm usually just fine getting $5 Chinese takeout. I know why I should salt my water before I boil pasta, why I should poach my eggs with vinegar, and the difference between a slice, dice, julienne, chop, or any other different cut you want, but I really couldn't care less if you throw your pasta in the water before it boils and then mix it with ketchup and hot dogs. I won't knock it before I try it, and when the fancy option is worth the price I'll say so, but I'm not afraid of admitting when I prefer the "lesser" option.
5. You know how you hate it when your man spends all weekend watching Football with his bros? I hate most sports and would much rather watch a Disney movie than a sports match.
EDIT: I realized this might make me seem a bit cold. I do get emotional. I love a lot of people very strongly and I deeply care about the well being and happiness of my friends and family. I'll always listen to a friend in need and do my best to comfort them. My point in the above was that I try very hard to solve problems as rationally as possible. When someone questions me or accuses me of something I do my best to explain my side of the story as clearly as possible. I of course sometimes get angry but I try to always deal with issues as quickly as possible. Avoiding confrontation almost always makes things worse. The quicker you deal with an issue the less time it has to fester and the higher chance you have of dealing with it without a shouting match. Simple really.
Movies - My 2015 viewing list was a lot smaller than normal due to moving in the middle of the year and Owensboro only having a single small theater, but of what I've seen this year I would say my favorite film was probably Mad Max followed by Inside Out and The Revenant. Looking forward to seeing The Big Short, Carol, The Danish Girl and Spotlight before the Oscars hit shortly. As for all time favorites, I'd go with A Clockwork Orange, American Beauty, Road to Perdition, Pan's Labyrinth, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, The Dark Knight, City of Lost Children, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Grave of the Fireflies, Wall E, Memento, Titanic, The Motorcycle Diaries, Into The Wild, and many more. I'm an animation lover. Everything from Disney, to anime, to Eastern European stop motion, to Looney Tunes.
TV - Super hero shows are kind of my thing. Along with the Ludocast I co-host a semi-seasonal Super Hero Show titled S4. So I watch Agents of SHIELD, Arrow, The Flash, Daredevil, Gotham, Constantine, Agent Carter and so on. I plan on watching Legends of Tomorrow in the Fall and boycotting the sexist trash that is Supergirl.
I'm going to leave that last paragraph while adding that Supergirl has been only slightly better than I originally envisioned and that is almost exclusively due to the inclusion of Martian Manhunter. Will DC ever get Supergirl right? Probably not unless they hire an actual woman to write the character since their current male staff has proven startlingly incompetent at writing decent females. Maybe now that Joss Whedon has hung up his Marvel cape he can come help DC make some decent shows.
Music - I'll listen to most any genre. I enjoy a ton of different bands and styles from pop fluff like Katy Perry, to Rap like Eminem, to boy bands like The Backstreet Boys, to classic rock like Simon and Garfunkel, to techno like Basshunter, to more indie stuff like Bright Eyes. Pretty much anything goes on that front.
Food - I love food. I enjoy creative food. Something with effort put into it. I love everything from cheeseburgers at Five Guys to the top places in Chicago and New York. See above (#4) for more detail.
EDIT: Saw some people put their favorite games here so I thought I would add that as well
Games - Half Life 2, Braid, Journey, Limbo, Bioshock, Mass Effect trilogy, The Last of Us, Gone Home, The Witcher series, Counter Strike, Prince of Persia, Heroes of Might and Magic, Super Mario Brothers, Sonic the Hedgehog, Gears of War, Uncharted, Sly Cooper, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Beyond Good and Evil, Psychonauts, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, Portal, God of War, Flower, Spec Ops The Line, The Walking Dead, Dead Space, Cart Life, The Longest Journey, Metal Arms, and a ton more. I couldn't come close to naming everything.
2 The Internet
4 Video Games
6 Good Food
I'm not super picky about body types. I don't really have a specific type of girl I find attractive. As in, I don't have a perfect girl in my head. A pretty face is kind of the number one thing for me and I don't even know how I would define a pretty face. Regardless, there is a chance I will find you attractive regardless of your weight or height or hair, eye, or skin color.
I'm not a huge party person so if you are the type of girl who enjoys smaller, quieter gatherings of people I think we would get along.
Lastly, if your entire message consists of the word, "hello" or any of its derivatives I am just going to ignore you. At least write enough to prove you aren't a chatbot.