I love to cook. I am pretty good at it, but I never really know what is going to happen in the kitchen once I get started. 80% of the time I knock it out of the park. The other 20% I keep my mouth shut and order Pizza King or go to Woody's. I like a good dry red wine. Chilean Malbecs are my favorite.
I started taking flying lessons about a year ago and I want to finish them and get my pilot's license. Then I can say that I like to fly. I love to read but I have had a short attention span lately. I like good film and dining out. I travel for work sporadically. It comes and goes in spurts. I get to go to some neat places. I always mix business with pleasure. Someone who could travel with me occasionally would be a plus.
Who I'm looking for: She's confident without being condescending--a quiet, solid confidence beyond her years. She doesn't need to aggressively assert herself because she knows that being herself is enough. She never betters herself at the expense of others. She's wise beyond her years, which is important because I'm very open to the idea of a younger woman--but she must have her act together. She's sassy but not bitchy. Sarcastic but not belittling. She can make others laugh out loud. She understands the connection between her actions and words and the feelings and behaviors of others.
She is affectionate, sensual, and loves to give and receive attention. She dotes and likes to be doted upon. She likes to have fun. She is adventurous and willing to explore new ideas and new experiences (and, no, I am not necessarily just talking about in the bedroom--I mean in general). She's genuinely a happy person.
I just completed an article for a national magazine on the topic which is my professional expertise. My editor hates me right now. Good thing I'm trying to hit on you and not her. And, yes--I am a medium-sized fish in a medium-sized pond. Aren't you totally blown away? I am good at what I do and my industry has been kind to me. But it is a dry, boring and very non-sexy legal industry. Nevertheless, I love what I do. I like the freedom and the academic pursuit. I regularly speak on issues affecting my industry, and I like that as well. I own the two companies that I work for, so I like the ability to come and go as I please and to "be the boss." I work from home most of the time. When I want to work, I do. When I don't . . . well, I don't.
I love hiking long distances that, at the end, become more uncomfortable than fun. I like getting dirty. Yeah. Pretty much.
If you are offended by this, then we're not for each other. If you rolled your eyes and thought "OMG he is such a dork!" then we should talk.