I’m the guy you’ll be proud to take home to your parents, but we’ll have even more fun when we leave together.
Random facts about me:
When I was at the UW, I would occasionally get bored during my class lectures. To pass the time, and keep myself occupied, I'd start writing my notes with the opposite hand, and I'd switch off every few lines. I don't think anyone ever noticed.
I grew up with "pigs" as pets. First, it was guinea pigs up until I was 12. Then my Mom got tired of the inevitable emotional breakdowns every five years, and we decided to get more longer lived pigs, of the pot-bellied variety.
I know who I am, and I know what I want, but I’m open to new possibilities.
Work: Senior Business Analyst at a technology consulting firm.
Play: - Cooking delicious food, learning new languages, and composing music with my guitar, drums, bass, and keys
On that note, when I was in college, I once had a terrible migraine. I went to church, and even though the worship band was incredibly loud, the migraine all but disappeared. I can also say I've returned the favor by being a member of worship teams over the years.
- Exploring bubbling geyser's in New Zealand, the Amalfi coast in Italy, the fairy tale castles of Southern Bavaria, Mozart’s birthplace, or my ancestors’ stomping grounds in Sicily. Or DJing in Munich. (Seattle awaits, perhaps) Or catching a play at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow or a barracuda off Barbuda. Or taking part in a sailboat race (and capsizing!). Or just sitting on a beach playing my guitar, Jimmy Buffet style.
That, and my sense of humor.
Invention of Lying? Funny.
Monty Python? FUNNY!
Anything with Zach G? ... Not so much. (Maybe after my second dirty martini?...well, I might just be being snarky on that one)
Movies: Aside from comedies (see above), I love ambitious epics like the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Music: Here are a few of my favorite songs:
- Muse, Knights of Cydonia
- Depeche Mode, Enjoy the Silence
- Cult, Fire Woman
- Iron Maiden*, Wasted Years
*If you balked at Iron Maiden without ever having heard the song, points will be deducted for closed mindedness.
Food: I've learned how to cook Italian and organic recipes, while Latin American and Asian cuisine awaits. When I want to feel inspired, spaghetti with marinara at The Olive Garden = Simply delicious (or anything from the food channel while working out at the gym :p)
an electronic device of some sort (iPhone, iPad, Amazon Echo...sometimes Alexa and Siri have their own amusing conversations)
my Cherry Sunburst 1960 Les Paul guitar
my 2010 Honda Civic coupe
if you want another one, you’ll have to email me…
Oh wait, that’s what I *don’t* want.
I'd love to hear from you if you're someone who:
- likes asking questions as much as you like answering them
- has no problem articulating verbal appreciation (i.e. compliments/flattery) and accepting it in return
- is equally happy indoors and outdoors
- is more interested in finding Mr. Right than in playing the field
Bonus points if you enjoy any of the following
- salsa and/or swing dancing
… and/or you can complete this lyric:
“And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again
The only thing I’ll ever ask of you
You’ve got to promise…”