I'm what people would describe as a nerd. I would much rather play video games and surf the internet than go out clubbing or do outdoors activities like hiking, mudding, hunting, and stuff. I'd certainly be willing to try these things and a lot more, but I feel most comfortable being more sedentary than active.
I do more than "nerd stuff" though. I like to draw and write, and I love exploring the world, its people, and its cultures. Japan is particularly interesting to me (I admit I'm a bit of a Japanophile), and it's first on the list of countries I'd like to visit. I also like watching soccer and world sports like the Olympics. I love to cook and I love to cook for people.
I'm living with my family until I can get my own apartment. No shame in that.
...empathy and sympathy. I like to be there for people and be their support or shoulder to cry on if they ever need it.
...keeping clean, both with myself and my surroundings. I never let a mess get out of control, and if I find a mess that no one wants to tackle I'll likely clean it up myself.
...keeping conversation. I can get very chatty about a lot of things.
Old poems are cool, too.
Movies: I love me some action, sci-fi, and comedy. I can't really pinpoint a favorite.
- Cop dramas like Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds, and NCIS.
- Sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Last Man Standing, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, George Lopez.
- Cartoons like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Family Guy, South Park.
- I'm a huge fan of anime, or Japanese cartoons and I love to go to anime conventions and cosplay, or dress up as my favorite anime characters. It's something that's been a pretty big interest of mine since I was in middle school and will likely be into for a while.
- I also watch America's Got Talent every year.
Music: Rock, mostly. Rock of any type from classic 50's rock n' roll to modern bands. I also like electronic and dubstep music. No matter what, though, classical music and jazz (not really any specific song or artist) has a place in my heart.
Food: If it's meat and/or spicy, I'll likely eat it. I'm open to trying anything once, no matter how weird. Buffalo chicken wings, specialty burgers like those at Ruby Tuesday's and Red Robin, and sukiyaki are among my favorites.
2. The internet - I know how to survive without it, I just would really prefer I have it in as many places as possible. To me, the world is so much smaller without this marvel of human innovation.
3. Humor - There's something to laugh at in almost anything. Finding the funny in even the most mundane of places adds a lot of spice to life.
4. Animals - What's the point of being the only sentient creature on the planet if there aren't other non-sentient creatures to share it with and study?
5. Family - It's the only one I've got, and though we have our differences we love each other to bits and wouldn't abandon anyone in a time of need.
6. Education - If you haven't gathered already, intelligence and education is huge to me. It's the key to human advancement and innovation. Without it we would literally be unable to survive.
...Travelling the world. I want to meet all kinds of people and go to all kinds of places. Part of the reason I want a good job is so I can afford to go everywhere I want. Teachers don't make that much but I can still save up!
...Nerd fantasies. Like what if I got a magic greatsword that gave me powers I had to save the world with? Or if Pokémon were real? Or how long until we get warp travel?
If I went with someone else, I might tolerate a club, but they're really not my thing.
...you like nerd stuff, too! Shoot me a reference to just about anything video game, anime, or cartoon related and I'll probably get it!
...you're just plain interested to know more about me! Even with the wall of text I threw at you, there's still more to me than that.