But first, a little about me:
Lawyer by day, Fireman by night, parent, lover, friend. And Geek, with a capital G. (I speak both Star Wars and Star Trek, and have been known to possess a d20 or two in my life. I also dig Renaissance Faires and the occasional sci-fi/anime/steampunk con.)
Generally speaking, I'm well-read and well-traveled and entirely way too curious and inquisitive for my own good. In addition, I proudly serve my community as a volunteer fireman and EMT here in Northern Virginia. However, the most important thing in my life - by far - is parenting my daughter.
The things I enjoy include good food, good beer and red wine, and great company, and I look forward to getting together with my friends as often as I can. I also very much enjoy great conversation, and it's not unusual for me to end up in a deep philosophical discussion with complete strangers about any (or all) of the Four Subjects We Don't Talk About in Polite Company: politics, religion, sex and race. (Sometimes, I think I get invited to parties and events precisely because these types of conversations spring up regularly when I'm around...)
As I mentioned above, I am very happily married to sweetlittleme052, who I met on OkC. While dating, we learned that each of us is pretty kinky (I'm pretty dominant, but in a nice sort of way, and she's on the submissive side of things, with primal tendencies), and that she's got a pretty strong heteroflexible streak. The end result is that we're probably best described as "monogam-ish" or "swinger-lite," which is why we kept our profiles active.
Currently, we're looking for a girl (preferably a sub or a primal) who wants to come play with us. If interested, please reach out directly to sweetlittleme052.
In my fire department, I'm an Engine driver and an EMT. Because a fire engine does so much (from fighting a house fire to delivering a baby), I am passionate about engine company operations. That, and I *love* driving a fire engine!
However, all of that pales beside the most important thing, by far, that I do in my life: being a Dad. My little girl is at the center of my universe - as she should be.
Books: Mostly sci-fi/fantasy. (Who am I kidding? I've read through the entirety of the Barnes & Noble sci-fi/fantasy section...) R.I.P. Borders. You'll be sorely missed.
Movies: Again, sci-fi/fantasy, along with drama, action & adventure; just about anything that isn't horror (I don't do scary movies).
Music: Metal, rock, industrial, some R&B. But, a couple of caveats: (1) WTOP and NPR occupy presets 1 and 2 on my car radio; and (2) I am pop-culture illiterate. Most of my friends and family have stopped asking me questions like "Have you heard..." or "Have you seen.." because the answer is almost always no.
TV: NCIS, CSI, L&O: SVU, L&O: CI, History Channel, Discovery Channel, and so on. However, I don't do reality programming. I also enjoy theatre, but haven't been to see very many shows at all.
Food: Italian. Steak. Red Wine. Good Beer. Yum!
1. Coffee - esp. Starbucks (can't function without it...)
2. My car.
3. My devices.
4. Teh interwebs.
6. The Constitution.
• A geeky girl, geek-leaning, and/or geek-friendly;
• Someone who has a thing for geeky guys, uniforms/firemen, and/or men who read actual books - for fun, no less;
• Politically left-of-center (or willing to keep an open mind);
• Looking for great and (somewhat) intelligent conversation;
• Willing to consider someone a few years older than your stated age-range (bonus points if you agree with the statement that, "Age is just a number," because I live this as truth);
• Looking for a guy who has a stable, professional career, gives back to his community, and takes his job as a parent seriously (or, in other words, has his shit together - for the most part, anyway); or
• Are *serious* about wanting to pursue something long-term with a guy who is seriously looking for something long-term.
*Definitely* contact me if you are non-vanilla, or lifestyle, or are on FL or ALC, or would otherwise define yourself in an "alt" community... you and I might just have more in common than you think!