But first, a little about me:
Lawyer by day, Fireman by night, parent, lover, friend. And Geek, with a capital G. (I speak both Star Wars and Star Trek, and have been known to possess a d20 or two in my life. I also dig Renaissance Faires and the occasional sci-fi/anime/steampunk con.)
Generally speaking, I'm well-read and well-traveled and entirely way too curious and inquisitive for my own good. In addition, I proudly serve my community as a volunteer fireman and EMT here in Northern Virginia. However, the most important thing in my life - by far - is parenting my daughter.
The things I enjoy include good food, good beer and red wine, and great company, and I look forward to getting together with my friends as often as I can. I also very much enjoy great conversation, and it's not unusual for me to end up in a deep philosophical discussion with complete strangers about any (or all) of the Four Subjects We Don't Talk About in Polite Company: politics, religion, sex and race. (Sometimes, I think I get invited to parties and events precisely because these types of conversations spring up regularly when I'm around...)
As mentioned above, I am happily married to sweetlittleme052, who I met on OkC. While dating, we learned that each of us is pretty kinky (I'm pretty dominant, and she is... not, as it turns out), and that she has a pretty strong heteroflexible streak. The end result is that we're probably best described as "monogam-ish" or "swinger-lite," which is why we keep our profiles active.
Currently, we're looking for kinky/poly/ethically non-monogamous girls with bi, b-curious, and/or heteroflexible tendencies to come play with sweetlittleme052 (and/or with both of us, if you're a unicorn). Couples/multiples are on a case-by-case basis. NO SINGLE MEN.
In my fire department, I'm an engine officer and EMT. As far as I am concerned, a fire engine is the most flexible tool in the fire service, and does everything from fighting fires to delivering babies. Although ladder trucks and heavy rescues are nice (and are staffed by some of the best firefighters in the world), fire engines are my passion. I *love* fire engines!
However, all of those pale beside the two most important things, by far, that I do in my life: being a Husband and a Dad. My girls and my stepson are at the center of my universe - as they should be.
Books: Primarily sci-fi & fantasy - both swords & sorcery and contemporary urban fantasy. (Who am I kidding? I've read through the entirety of the Barnes & Noble sci-fi/fantasy section...).
Movies: Again, sci-fi/fantasy, along with drama, action & adventure, and a little anime thrown in for good measure.
TV: As it turns out, I really enjoy the whole crime drama thing, both non-fiction (i.e., Forensic Files) and fiction (e.g., Bones, NCIS, CSI, every Law & Order series, etc.). And anime (with subtitles, of course). I also enjoy theatre, but haven't been to see many shows lately.
Music: Metal, rock, industrial, some R&B. But, a couple of caveats: (1) WTOP and NPR occupy presets 1 and 2 on my car radio; and (2) I am pop-culture illiterate. Most of my friends and family have stopped asking me questions like "Have you heard..." or "Have you seen.." because the answer is almost always no.
Food: Italian. Steak. Red Wine. Good Beer. Yum!
1. Coffee - esp. Starbucks (can't function without it...)
2. My car.
3. My devices.
4. Teh interwebs.
6. The Constitution.
• a girl, and are interested in or by anything I mentioned above;
• a girl, and are interested in having safe & naughty girl-girl fun with my wife, or are a girl Unicorn, and are interested in having safe & naughty fun with my wife AND/OR with the both of us;
• someone with kinky/poly/ethically non-monogamous tendencies, and are looking for new friends or for new playmates;
• a geeky girl, or are geek-leaning or geek-friendly (closeted geek girls are encouraged to apply);
• Someone who has a thing for geeky guys, uniforms/firemen, and/or men who read actual books - for fun, no less;
• Politically left-of-center (or willing to keep an open mind);
• Looking for great and (somewhat) intelligent conversation;
• Willing to consider someone a few years older than your stated age-range (bonus points if you agree with the statement that, "age is just a number," because my wife and I live this as truth);
• Looking for a couple with stable, professional careers, who are active in their community, and take their jobs as parents seriously (or, in other words, a couple who has their shit together - for the most part, anyway); or
*Definitely* contact me if you are non-vanilla or poly, or on FL, or would define yourself as living an otherwise "alt" lifestyle. You, my wife, and I might just have more in common than you think!