1. Music is central to my life -- doesn't matter which genre, but I can't be happy without it. I either have to make it, listen to it, work with it or live the life or else... I'd go crazy.
2. I think I'm still a 7 year old boy that wants to build Legos at heart.
3. Politics is entirely fascinating and infuriating at the same time. I lean pretty liberal in most issues, but I can't stand the Democrats as they have no balls. If the Dems had that & the same PR machine as the Republicans, the USA would be a utopia for all people with plenty of freedom, sex & drugs to go around.
4. I can't stand people that won't try new things.
5. I think the best job in the world would to be a famous singer/pianist like Elton John or Ben Folds.
6. Sex can be separate from love, but being in love & having sex is the greatest thing in the world.
7. My dog is my best friend
8. I have a Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance from Lawrence University, and I sang with the Michigan Opera Theater for 2 seasons after graduation in '04.
9. I'm a sucker for any good sci fi media (books, TV, movie, video game)
10. I can't stand bad breath, so I tend to have gum/mints on me most of the time. If I don't, then I'm usually on edge.
11. I love video games, I've been playing them since I was 6. I'm not the greatest at the quick reflexes type of game, but give me one where planning & lots of foresight is needed and I'm world class.
12. Music is the one thing that gives me any sense of sanity. It doesn't matter if I'm singing, playing piano, listening to music, trying (and often failing) to write music, it's all good. On the worst days, music has literally brought me back from the brink of horrifying decisions.
13. I'd rather read a good book than pretty much anything else.
14. I'm great with dogs and I hate cats.
15. I'm in love with Anna Netrebko (soprano), Anne Hathaway & Caroline Wozniacki (tennis player). I have man crushes on Tom Brady & Nathan Fillion because they're fucking dreamy. Deal with it.
Attributes I like in women:
1. I want an intelligent woman that will call me on my bullshit (hopefully she'll do it nicely)
2. Some favorite lyrics from Cake seem appropriate:
"I want a girl who gets up early
I want a girl who stays up late
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
With fingernails that shine like justice
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass"
3. If a woman smells good, I go a bit weak in the knees. My first crush smelled of dryer sheets, and I still have fond memories of her whenever I smell it to this day.
4. I want a woman who is confident in her sexuality and what she wants... and being a giver is always awesome (which I tend to be in bed too!)
5. I won't be a sugar daddy -- been there, done that. My relationships have to be monetarily equal or at least approaching equality at this point. (Is that weird? I'm not stingy, just tired of old assumptions that the man always has to make the dough or pay for everything)
6. If a woman can cook that's amazing! I fall in love with women that make me food. It also helps because the food I make is terrible. If a woman cooks for me, I'll give her back rubs and paint her toenails.
7. I like a strong woman outwardly, but isn't afraid to let herself be "girly" with me. I find that adorable.
8. A woman who loves to watch football (any level, high school, college or pro) is an amazingly rare & precious anomaly. I will find this woman someday.
9. I think holding hands can be the most intimate gesture between lovers.
I'm a dog lover at heart. I have an awesome little Cocker Spaniel named Chewy that loves to go out to various parks and trails. He's a great dog, and he'll melt your heart, he's that cute. You've been warned.
I was in a 5 year relationship that ended in the past year. I am not looking for "the one" as of yet; I'm interested in going on a few dates seeing where things go for now. If that person does come into my life, so be it! I just want to take things as they come for now.
author, check out Richard K. Morgan. The worlds & characters he
creates will blow your mind. I'm a sucker for the Lord of the Rings
(books & movies). Also Jared Diamond is a genius.
Classical Music: Opera in general (favorites including Carmen,
Prince Igor, Marriage of Figaro & The Consul), Chopin piano
works, Rachmaninov piano concertos, Schubert lieder, Fauré mélodie, Mozart, Brahms & Stravinsky chamber music, and Beethoven Symphonies! I also have a soft spot for pretty much any Russian choral music
Non Classical Music: Pink Floyd, Audioslave, CCR, Radiohead, The Killers, Muse, Biggie, AC/DC, Dre, Lily Allen, Daft Punk, Tool, Queen, Billy Joel, Foghat, and on occasion Coldplay
Movies: LOTR, Star Wars, Goodfellas, The Godfather (parts 1 and 2, if you like 3 we *won't* get along), Fight Club, The Big Lebowski, Dazed and Confused, The Shawshank Redemption, Kurosawa films (especially Rashomon), and I'm a sucker for psychological thrillers of any kind.
TV: Sports (mainly football or soccer), Dexter, Battlestar
Food: Anything I can make easily, I'm a terrible cook
2. My music
3. My dog
4. Gum/mints (I can't stand bad breath)
5. A hot shower
6. My new iPad!
I'm also in the market to buy my first house, so that has been weighing heavily on my mind. It's a little terrifying to save up so much money only spend it all at once! Any advice is appreciated
And I once sang backup for Kenny Rogers... he's kind of a jerk in person