I'm out to have fun and whatever happens, happens. I'm not looking for love, but I'm not avoiding it either. I tend to take a very relaxed approach to relationships. I really enjoy just having people to talk to, play games with, that kind of thing -- and if an intimate relationship of some sort develops along the way as well, that's even better.
As for myself, I'm something of a contradiction. On the one hand, I'm a massive geek. I love science fiction, renaissance faires, role playing games, video games, and can get lost for hours in a bookstore or library.
On the other hand, I also enjoy camping, hiking, kayaking, and other such outdoorsy activities. I just went ziplining for the first time recently, and I want to do that again as soon as possible, too.
And on the third hand (Um, can I borrow one of your hands for this? Thanks ever so.), I have a creative side that shows itself in my writing, my history in the theatre, and my current obsession with ballroom dancing. Now, since I already have your hand, may I escort you to the dance floor?
One quick note on my relationship status. I have been married for 19 years, and my wife (and my girlfriend, for that matter) fully supports my search. This is not cheating; it is ethical non-monogamy.
(Last Updated: Jan 28, 2017)
I also, along with my wife and her partner, co-own and run an independent publishing company specializing in GLBT-centric erotic romances called Storm Moon Press, and have even published a few short stories of my own through it. I have some longer works of fiction in various states of completion as well that may or may not ever see the light of day.
I mentioned the dancing (and might again -- I said obsession already, didn't I?), but I also like to do karaoke when I have the chance and a group of friends to go with. I hate going on my own.
Also waltz and swing. (Dammit, I mentioned the dancing again!)
Either that or my butt. I'm told I have quite a nice butt.
Books: The Discworld series by Terry Prachett, the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher, the Callahan series by Spider Robinson, the Hitchhiker's Guide series by Douglas Adams, and the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. (Cheated here by picking series instead of standalones.)
Movies: Serenity, Big Trouble in Little China, Clue, Basic, and Real Genius.
On Air: Doctor Who, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Librarians, Supergirl, and Sherlock
Gone but not Forgotten: Firefly, Forever Knight, Fringe, Mythbusters, and Slings and Arrows
Artists: Lindsey Stirling, Within Temptation, Andreas Vollenweider, Halestorm, and Daft Punk are a decent representative sample of the eclectic mix of things I listen to.
Musicals: Assassins, 1776, Into the Woods, Jekyll & Hyde, and Next to Normal.
Food: I give up on this one. There's no way I could narrow it down. What I really like is to explore new flavors and dishes from cuisines that I've never tried before, because I'm always pleasantly surprised and always find something special. Thai, Indian, Columbian, Ethiopian, Vietnamese, Korean... all unique, and all very delicious.
1. My wife. She's my rock, and in any conflict between her and another necessity, she wins.
2. My girlfriend. She's quickly made herself a place in my heart, and I don't know what I'd do without her.
3. Computer and internet. It's the introvert's lifeline. Not to mention, I sort of make my living that way.
4. Healthy sex life. You can only make friends with your right hand for so long.
5. Chai Tea: I have to watch my caffeine intake because of migraines, so it's tea instead of coffee, and chai is just heavenly.
6. Sonic screwdriver, preferably Capaldi's because it's the coolest. Cause that thing can do ANYTHING. Except wood. It doesn't do wood. Never mind, then.... Umm... a mug for the tea?
Who dialed Cypher into the Matrix when he went to meet with Agent Smith?
Why do some people think it's any of their business what genitals the person in the bathroom stall next to them has?
Seriously, though, I'm not a very private person by nature. My life is very much an open book. I have no shame or modesty, so anything you want to know, I will tell you. Probably exhaustingly. In graphic detail. With diagrams if necessary.
Really. I have no TMI filter. You may find yourself saying "Okay, that's more than I needed to know!" from time to time.
2. You are experienced with non-monogamy. Not just curious about it. I'm not interested in being your experiment. I've been through that too many times now.
3. Actually, there isn't a number 3. I just don't like lists of only 2 items.