- Taking one route to get somewhere and another to get back
- Eating raspberries straight off the bush
- Snuggling up in bed on a cold night wearing an old-fashioned nightgown, knee socks, and nothing else
- Reciting poetry or singing from memory (particularly in archaic/dead languages)
- Making pancakes and bacon on Saturday mornings
- Standing on top of a mountain and knowing that I got there entirely under my own power
- Drinking black tea and checking my phone five minutes before going to sleep (I appear to be immune to both caffeine and blue light)
- Hanging up laundry on the clothesline on a sunny day
- Smelling lilacs
- Exploring old graveyards
- Engaging in random harmless acts of pyromania
- Making sure I hear the All Things Considered theme music at least once a day
- Drinking fruity, girly cocktails
- Loading up my Netflix queue and Kindle account with far more books and movies than I will ever have time to read/watch
I believe that true love should be based on a solid foundation of approximately equal portions passion, snark, and homemade locally-sourced bacon cheeseburgers.
Myers-Briggs INTJ (if you're into that sort of thing). Opinionated, creative, wacky, curious. Looking for a companion along the journey, literally and otherwise. My approach to life, love, sex (and spirituality) might best be described as "earthy".
I am very picky, but I fall hard. If I bother to message you, it's because I think there's serious potential.
My favorite season is winter, and I'm never more energized than when it's 30 below and there's 3 feet of snow on the ground. Hence the screenname.
I'm really bad at: lying. World's worst liar. Seriously.
Music: my Pandora shuffle cycles between Great Big Sea, Vampire Weekend, Franz Ferdinand, Steeleye Span, Natalie McMaster, TMBG and as much random bhangra, bossa nova and Afro-pop as I can convince the algorithm to let me listen to. I also love chant, classical, and choral music. Plus, yeah, Broadway musicals. My two favorites, improbably enough, are "Chess" and "The Secret Garden".
TV and movies: Call the Midwife and Outlander are tied for the best TV ever. I like costume dramas and character-driven shows/films in general, and have a low tolerance for violence, explosions and mindless sex. Though I love "The Last Kingdom," so I guess I'm OK with violence as long as it's swords.
Food: I'm a loca-omnivore, just don't try to feed me sushi. The only cuisines I don't like are Japanese, Russian and Ethiopian. Everything else: bring it on!
My smartphone, high-quality milk chocolate, Chapstick, naps, my bicycle, and my fuzzy slippers.
Addendum: I take medication for anxiety. If this is a problem for you, or if you're going to try to mansplain me out of it, we're probably not a good match.