Academic. Psychedelic. Poet. Recluse. Minimalist. Existentialist. Narcissist. Voyeur. Flaneur. Hypo-sensitive. Hyper-aware.
I am both well-rounded and rough around the edges:
5 Interesting facts about me:
1. I am a high school drop out who used to shine shoes for a living in Philadelphia.
2. My best friend and I started a psychobilly band called Die Engines. I'm the drummer.
3. I interned at the NYC Masonic Library in grad school.
4. Bryan Lewis Saunders once called me "wild."
5. I collect aprons and can't walk in heels.
1. All adjectives are relative.
2. While I still don't believe in love at first sight, I now believe in getting my salad tossed by the third date.
3. If you have food poisoning it's best to reschedule a date than bear through it. (Sorry about that)
4. Rohypnol gives me a killer hangover.
5. Internet dating is a lot like having the munchies. You take a hit, look at the fridge, find nothing appetizing, go back to your bed for another hit, lower your standards and check the fridge again. You repeat these steps until you're eating sriracha on slices of lemon. Yum.
6. When you *crack* a joke about analingus on a dating profile people will assume it's a sexual invitation rather than an expression of humor. Responses to said comment will vary from desperate to gross and desperate.
But seriously, what am I doing with my life? I ask myself this every morning right before hitting "snooze"...
I have a fabulous career as a librarian that keeps me busy during the day. I balance that with hobbies I find both interesting and challenging (such as boxing, poetry/spoken word and most recently, learning to play the drums). Unless you count two of the cutest cats, I live alone and, generally speaking, have my shit together.
Hitler jokes>Marilyn Monroe quotes.
Just kidding, the holocaust never happened.
Playing the victim.
The tongue in my cheek.
"I think that 12 year old girl just called me a faggot."
Books: Philip Dick; Dostoevsky; Palahniuk; Graham Greene; Neihardt; Samuel Beckett; Italo Calvino; Iceberg Slim; Michael Taussig; Kurt Vonnegut; Donald Goines; Bukowski; Jean Paul Sartre; Paul Auster; Thomas Pynchon; George Bataille; Neruda; Bachelard; Alan Watts; Leonard Cohen; Camus; Ovid; F. Scott Fitzgerald; J. G. Ballard, Hakim Bey.
Music: Toots and the Maytals; Die Antwoord; Atmosphere; Sage Francis; Saul Williams; Sizzla; Daddy Kev; Wax and Herbal T; Joe Nice; The Pixies; The Pharcyde; Cab Calloway; Bessie Smith; Aesop Rock; The Books; Tim Fite; People Under the Stairs; Aphex Twin; Deathgrips; Mykki Blanco; Nina Simone; Illogic; Clipping; Diatomaceous Earth; Reverend Beatman.
Movies: By the time I finally make a decision on Netflix I've lost interest in actually watching anything.
TV: 21 Jump Street; Louie; Archer; SVU; The IT Crowd; Curb Your Enthusiasm; An Idiot Abroad; X-Files.
Food: Popcorn and dessert.
Playing "Where Isn't Waldo" on the L train.
Don't bother if you are flaky, poly-amorous, perpetually drunk or just looking for casual hook ups. Seriously gentlemen, these are deal breakers, not ice breakers...
If you've got a light heart, heavy hand, and sharp tongue we might be able to work something out.
Oh, and I just dyed my hair blonde, so I guess if you like blondes, that too.