Returned from a 3 week trip to Europe with my son and the Philadelphia Symphony (neither of us are orchestra members but the PSO is one of the clients of his employer). Needless to say it is a cherished memory because I do not often get to spend 3 weeks with my son. The tour included Luxembourg, Cologne, Dresden, Paris, Vienna, Amsterdam and London. I attended four of their concerts and visited four SGI Buddhist centers (in Luxembourg, Paris, Vienna and London).
Returning to Santa Monica following a project in Portland, Oregon where I hiked a bit and visited Mt. Hood, Timberline Lodge and Silver Falls, all of which are gorgeous.
In my spare time (ha) I am a Nichiren Buddhist, practicing with Daisaku Ikeda, SGI President, since 1968.
5. nature, especially the beach & the mountains & the forests
4. real food, in a relaxed setting, preceded by exercise and including,
3. humor, good friends and conversations
2. French Impressionist paintings (esp. Renoir and Monet)
1. a good nights sleep and/or a good reason to give some of it up.