I'm a nerdy guy who is into improv, theater, random adventures, travel, softball, and some videogames. At last count I own over six hundred books and two wonderful kitties.
I broke the Myers-Briggs type since I've consistently gotten results as both an INTP and an ISFJ. I suppose that makes me good at seeing different sides of an issue. And most definitely it shows I'm in the Introverted side of the scale, big time.
A friend once described me as having a lot 'joei-de-vivre', joy of living. I'm trying to live up to that, because otherwise what's the point?
I took some time off from regular work and life this year to travel and explore other passions. I will take a couple more months to pursue some writing and theater projects.
After that, I'm not sure; I might go back to the Tech field or I might explore new possibilities. It's definitely an exciting time for me!
In the meantime I will keep on improvising (as in Improv theater) and reading.
- Getting lost. I am not as good as I was before I started my trip, but, never underestimate my power for taking the wrong turn. But hey, that's led me to discover some amazing things.
- Having really weird and wonderful things happen to me.
- Taking a leap to try new and exciting things. That's how I got myself to Seattle, into improvisation, and a long world trip.
- Reading. I'm making an effort to read more, and since I've been traveling a lot this year, I'm on my 39th book this year.
Otherwise, you'll probably notice my glasses and my smile.
Movies - (in no particular order) Beauty and the Beast, The King's Speech, Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day, Inside Out.
Shows - Doctor Who (Tennant mostly, but Capaldi is catching up), Mad Men, and Batman TAS.
Music: Queen, Billy Joel, Frank Sinatra, Jethro Tull, and I've been on a big Beethoven roll lately.
Food: Southeastern Mexican food, and a good gyro. Also, I tried Haggis this year, it was really really tasty!
- Books (either physical or the 'e' variety)
- A smile
- Improv and Theater
- The teddy bear I've had since I was 1 day old.
What's the next adventure,
The story I'm trying to write.
If you have a good idea of who you are (bonus points if you are Batman, but extra bonus points if you are kind, funny, smart, and/or weird in some way).
You want someone to get your obscure nerdy reference.
Want to take the risk of ending up in an adventure.