- I grew up in Michigan, way north in the upper peninsula, and yet after living here I now say 'soda' instead of 'pop,' so I feel like I'm a St. Louis native at this point.
- Despite having lived here for the better part of a decade, I have only been the victim of theft and vandalism two (well, maybe three) times, so I consider that a win.
-Growing up, I acted in a lot of plays. Somewhere there exists a video of me from the '90s singing onstage in a musical while wearing a fake mustache. I'm confident this video will resurface if I ever decide to run for public office.
- You know who's beaten every Super Mario Bros. game ever made? This guy! If you didn't think I was hot before, you probably do now.
- I recently won a pound of chips from The Billy Goat Chip Company, so my luck is changing for the better.
- In 1977 I took the title of Mr. Universe away from Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- I was born with only one dimple when I smile. After years of therapy I've finally learned to accept it.
Movies: Kevin Smith movies are all classic. (Okay, maybe not Jersey Girl. Or Cop Out.) So are all Tarantino movies. Other films I've really enjoyed are There Will Be Blood, Fight Club, The Hangover, Magnolia, The Big Lebowski, every dumb Will Ferrell comedy, The Avengers (love those superhero movies), The Godfather 1 & 2, so on and so forth. I try to watch all of the best picture nominees every year, but don't always succeed.
TV: True Detective, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, True Blood, Community, Boardwalk Empire, The Office, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, South Park, New Girl, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. (You can trust me, I don't employ the D.E.N.N.I.S. system.) ;)
Music: Pretty eclectic, though I tend to lean toward the 'skinny white dudes in alternative bands' genre - been listening to Stars, Empire of the Sun, Passion Pit, Douglas Armour, and Foster the People lately. Artists who get lifetime passes from me are U2, Counting Crows, Bruce Springsteen, and Jeff Buckley.
Food: I'll eat whatever you put in front of me. :)