I'm a word nerd so I apologise in advance for my grotesque verbosity. I have a passion for cinema—celluloid pulses through my veins, which is far more uncomfortable than the usual blood.
I am an introvert at heart, but can easily be coaxed from my shell by the right people.
* The Catcher in the Rye
* High Fidelity
* American Psycho
* The Perks of Being a Wallflower
* The Virgin Suicides
* Generation X (or anything Douglas Coupland)
* The Picture of Dorian Gray
Movies: I'm a huge film buff, but at the same time, my tastes are very specific. I mainly like drama, comedy, thriller and horror films. I'm not that keen on spectacular blockbusters. My favourite film is American Beauty. Favourite directors include Ingmar Bergman, Alfred Hitchcock, Stanley Kubrick, Richard Linklater, David Lynch, and Michael Haneke. Despite my self-proclaimed status as a cinephile, I am not averse to watching trashy slasher films from the 80s or B-movies.
* Six Feet Under
* The Simpsons
* Freaks and Geeks
* BoJack Horseman
* The Inbetweeners
* Fawlty Towers
* Louis Theroux documentaries
* The Office (US)
* Parks and Recreation
* The occasional game show
Music: Good lyrics are VERY important to me. My favourite artists are Crowded House/Neil Finn, Something for Kate/Paul Dempsey, The Whitlams/Tim Freedman, Rufus Wainwright, Megan Washington, Augie March, Elton John (circa 1970s), The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Wilco, Teenage Fanclub, The Apartments, Courtney Barnett, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, R.E.M., and Radiohead.
Food: Look, as long as you're okay with pineapple on pizza...we'll get along just fine.
* Conversation. (Accompanying alcoholic beverage optional.)
* My laptop
* Something to look forward to. There's just got to be something fun happening next week, or in two weeks' time at the absolute max. If you don't have anything to get excited about, the daily grind will defeat you.
* Live music. I often think about dying when I'm at a fantastic concert. I think about dying because I feel so blessed to be alive in that moment, and I realise a day will come when I'll no longer get to feel that.
* You can introduce me to the best coffee/burger/pizza in Sydney.
* You can string a coherent sentence together and refrain from typing "lyk dis."
* You're ambivalent about messaging me, because you may as well find out what I'm like. No online profile, no matter how elaborate, is an appropriate substitute for a face-to-face meeting of the minds.