I went to princeton and really like milky way bars. These two facts are very different, of course. One of them represents a big part of who I am, how I hope you'll judge me, and something I've spent too much money on. The other is just where I did my undergrad.
Since graduation a few years ago, I've been working full-time in the city and part-time on a Master’s, because apparently I hate myself.
Anyway, despite the unfortunate stereotypes, I’m not an awkward nerd with glasses and a pocket protector; I wear contacts and hardly any of my shirts even have pockets. But in all seriousness, not that there’s anything wrong with being that way, it really bothers me when others assume that programming and “geekiness” are inseparable. #rants
Books: My favorite book of all time is easily Dune. If you haven’t read it, you've made a horrible mistake. I used to read a lot of novels, but I haven’t in a long while. Now I pretty much just go for the news and a few blogs.
Music: I’m mainly into alternative rock like the Killers and Weezer, and classic rock with a southern twang, like the Eagles or Allman Brothers Band. I'm fairly distraught to have to share a universe with Coldplay.
TV Shows: Daily Show, Colbert, Late Night with Craig Ferguson, Meet the Press, Chopped
Java, family, the Jets,
And sometimes haiku
If your reaction just now was to double-check the number of syllables, then
1) We’ll probably get along pretty well
2) Don’t be such a skeptic! I’m also really good at counting to at least 7, maybe even 20 (with my socks off).
Honorable mention: How did the remote get all the way over there?
But as ridiculous as much of this profile is, I'm not a complete goofball. I love discussing anything from politics to sports or tv shows.
No, that's not a metaphor. It's just gravity.
I'm planning to live forever. So far, so good.
One more thing about this section: It doesn't make sense to respond with something like "it wouldn't be private if I admitted it here". If I asked you who the shortest player on the Knicks is, would you say, "none, they're all tall"?
- You're willing to put up with someone who, as it's probably become clear, is really just a high-functioning idiot.
- You consider mediocre a dirty word.
- You don't "throw like a girl".
- You didn't answer "livin' it" for what you're doing with your life. I mean, honestly. Thank you for that insightful comment.
- You've found a mistake in my profile. Corrections welcome.
- I'm obviously biased on this one, but if I sent you a message! I can pretty much guarantee I read your entire profile + a decent chunk of your match questions, and put some thought into whether/what to send/say.