Ever fancy a tomboy that likes to dress up as well? I can operate a radial arm saw with the same ease as a tube of mascara, though I prefer one to the other.
I am reasonably smart, fairly opinionated, quite idealistic, and will tell people what I feel and think. I am not demure, am subtle like a sledgehammer, and do not suffer fools. I aim to be kind and compassionate but sometimes fall short and land in snarky and skeptical. I'm a sucker for baby animals.
Cards on the table: I am looking for love, my big spoon, the guy I am proud to admire and call "my man," my equal and my inspiration, and to start a family within the next 5 or so years. "My man" isn't intimidated by intelligence, strength, passion, and (let's face it) a little weirdness. "My man" inspires me to take on every adventure life brings my way with gusto and with the confidence that he has my back. He is always willing to finish off my leftovers or drink cocktails that I don't necessarily like. He's smart but not insufferable, he's social but not a lush, he's good with his hands and generous with his heart.
In my 5-9 — Probably playing Ingress (Go Resistance!)
books: Shakespeare (my collected works is full of post-it flags and penciled in notes in the margin), forensic thrillers, non-fiction on a variety of topics (especially nutrition, food science, and forensic anthropology).
tv: Dr. Who (favorite Doctor? Vale Decem. 11 is great too. Not sold on 12) , Blacklist (behind because it is not on Hulu), Hannibal (RIP), Castle (RIP), Elementary, Marty Stouffer's Wild America, American Horror Story.
movies: more romcom/drama/comedy than action/horror.
music: I skew towards singers/bands that have amazing lyrics and solid melodies/harmonies. See, e.g., Elbow. And I think this may be the sexiest song, ever. Feel free to disagree with citations. Also check out the new Kishi Bashi album.
foods: Bacon. Garlic. Avocado. Everything else is secondary. Recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease. This is terrible for a New Yorker (and no, GF pizza is NOT the same).
2. Modern medical technology (check out the photo of my artificial disc and new L5-S1 fusion!).
3. Music (Nietzsche said "without music life is a mistake" and I happen to agree)
4. A fully-loaded kitchen (both hardware (sharp knives) and software (fresh produce and proteins))
5. Buddhism (helped me be a happier person -- Thich Nhat Hanh, Tara Brach, Jack Kornfield)
6. Otters (cute little psychopaths)
...why all you manly mens don't like cute little kittens...
More recently telling @realDonaldTrump that he is an asshat.
I get my caffeine from tea.
Deal makers (and yes, these matter to me. Sorry to all of you aimlessly wandering smoking midgets):
1. Taller than me (I grew up with a dad that's 6'1")
2. Non-Smokers (My desire to kiss a smoker is absolute zero)
3. You have a reasonably full command of the English language (though if it's not your first language, that's cool too)
4. You have good manners and are a gentleman.
5. You know who you are, what you want out of life, and are in pursuit of that life.
Bonus Round: You have a husky, akita, malamute or pit-dalmatian.
To answer many your one-line emails that really waste my time/your time (I'm just deleting your email after your (minimal) effort):
"Hi, how r u?" (and variations thereof) -- I'm fine. Thanks.
"Hey, what's up?" -- The sky.
"Hey." -- Hey yourself.
"UR Beautiful" -- Thanks. My dad tells me that too, but he also tells me how talented, smart, compassionate, wise, and creative I am as well. Cause dad knows that being beautiful means zip if the rest of you is ugly.
If you have a moment, please check out my "OkCupid Exit Interview." I'm very curious how people react to my profile.