Come Halloween (or not) I might be seen donning a blue wig, big-eyed sunglasses and imparting the Rock N' Roll experiences of Nigel (in a Bri'ish accent, of course) to friends and strangers alike.
In the past I've worked in the music business (new media, marketing, production, management) and the luxury fashion business. (I'll tell you about it in person).
To live is to love what I do, constantly learn and embrace new challenges and experiences.
Tech: I'm an Apple guy. You can find me browsing the Apple Store, J&R, Sam Ash, TekServe, Best Buy. Friends and family consult me when they want to purchase electronics.
Coffee: Caffè Americano all the way (with a little half and half. No sugar necessary).
Food: I'm gluten and dairy-free (except for the half and half in my coffee). I do not have Celiac, but I have found that this choice works best for me. I don't let it affect where I eat with friends and dates and from time to time need to pop Beano and Lactaid and have a pizza party or chocolate chip cookie indulgence (my two lost loves)!
Fashion: I'm most comfortable in clean jeans, solid T-shirt, sneakers by day. I know how to dress for the occasion as well and appreciate well-made, well-tailored clothing.
Design: Modern/mid-century, Sleek, Minimalist or all out-cozy
Radio: WNYC (I learn and laugh so much listening to this station) & WBGO
TV: Jon Stewart (most Comedy Central shows are OK by me - must have thinking-person's comedy), Breaking Bad, Homeland, Orange Is The New Black.
Music: Spotify - my taste is all over the place, so the streaming on demand is it! Stevie, Monk, The Police, Michael Jackson, Steely Dan, Keith Jarrett, Frank Sinatra, Ella (I'm a guitarist and bassist).
Books/Authors: Philip Roth, Murakami, Michael Pollan, Catcher in the Rye, Kasher in the Rye, Jonathan Safron Foer, Walter Isaacson's biographies.
Movies: This Is Spinal Tap, The Jerk, Pulp Fiction, Woody Allen films, Mel Brooks films, documentaries.
In the new "Despicable Me 2," the guacamole bowl sombrero, made of the stuff tortilla chips are made of, is a prominent gag. My life has been changed forever. Can you help me find one?
And the others:
Regular workouts: swimming, yoga, weight training, spinning or something new I haven't tried yet.
The flaws in human thinking that make us more selfish than selfless pertaining to saving of the planet.
Whether I should start producing music again
How to provide my daughter with the best education and life experiences possible along with proper nutrition, a healthy sense of self-worth, preserving innocence for as long as it is healthy and answering questions honestly as the world starts to stream in.
How I can be a better person and contribute more to the world in a positive way.
Remembering that every journey begins with the first step.
Analyzing past mistakes to find present and future answers.
1) Riding a helicopter out East, At the epicenter of cutting-edge NY Nightlife enchanting everyone who comes near, Being invited onstage to Jam with whatever rock legend is playing The Garden, Fielding phone calls from business and thought leaders, Prepping my gear for my next global adventure
2) Out with friends (hopefully on an urban adventure or having meaningful conversation), playing music, chilling at home or living #1 in my head.
- You have your life together. You don't have to have arrived, you just need to know what journey you're on (in the current chapter of your life).
- Intelligent conversation and sensual connection are of similar importance - there's a time for each.
- You are not prone to losing your head, screaming and being an overall angry person.