I joined this website in order to meet some new people and share some new experiences, be it roaming through the city, visiting a museum, going for a hike, or drinks at a bar.
- American Gods (Neil Gaiman)
- Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkien)
- The DaVinci Code (Dan Brown)
- The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)
- Game of Thrones (George R.R. Martin)
- The Golden Compass (Phillip Pullman)
- A Walk in the Woods (Bill Bryson)
I'm also a HUGE comic book aficionado, especially Marvel titles from the 80's & 90's.
Other favorite authors include J.K. Rowling, Alan Moore, Nevada Barr, Richard Knaack, Weis & Hickman, Robert Jordan, Ursula Le Guin, R.A. Salvatore. I'm also partial to select works by classical authors, such as Twain, Thoreau, Kipling, and Hemmingway.
I read a lot of non-fiction as well, mostly biographies, histories, or science/natural history.
- The Shawshank Redemption
- Gangs of New York
- O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Fight Club
- The Prestige
- Good Will Hunting
- Dead Poets Society
Also love classic films and period pieces, especially film noir, Hitchcock, and westerns. Anything with Robert Redford or Jimmy Stewart.
- Last Week Tonight
- Stranger Things
- The Venture Brothers
- The Tudors
- Game of Thrones
For the most part I listen almost exclusively to heavy metal. If it's progressive, melodic or technical, I'll probably enjoy it. A lot of my favorite bands hail from regions such as Norway, Finland, Sweden, & the rest of Europe. I also have a strong appreciation for classic rock, and to a lesser degree blues, jazz, folk, and even classical. If it weren't for these pioneering genres then I couldn't enjoy metal as it exists today.
- Sushi (Seafood of almost any variety, actually)
- Mediterranean cuisine (Greek/Italian/French)
- German cuisine
- Anything with avocado on it
- The perfect craft beer
- I secretly enjoy romantic comedies.
- I un-ironically love roadside tourist traps.
- Know the difference between you're/your
- Are a nerd of any kind
- Have diverse taste in food (bonus points if you cook!)
- Love animals (be they furry, feathered, or scaled) and the outdoors
- Like travel; want to see the world
- Have a passion for whatever it is you do and enjoy