TV: Doctor Who, Agent Carter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Futurama, Mad Men, Arrested Development, Bob's Burgers, BoJack Horseman, West Wing
Movies: Star Wars, Princess Bride, Hot Fuzz, Captain America: The First Avenger, Batman (Nolan movies), Catch Me If You Can, Juno, Blade Runner, the Incredibles, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Dave, Mickey Blue Eyes, Small Time Crooks, Sleepover Bandits, French Kiss, Miss Congeniality, Guardians of the Galaxy, the list goes on.
Music: Guided by Voices, the Beach Boys, the Rolling Stones, Something Corporate, Joy Division, the National, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Against Me!, Everything Everything, Sons and Daughters, Carbon Leaf, the Shondes, Le Bucherettes, Yellowcard, Muse, the Raconteurs, the Clash, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Fugazi, Los Angeles Guitar Quartet. Truth be told, I love most music. I like to have music/background noise most of the time, except when I'm trying to sleep. I'll give anything a shot.
1. Water (I'm not being sarcastic - I actually really LOVE water).
2. My family. I have a huge, lovely, warm family. They keep me balanced and sane. Thanksgiving and Passover are my favorite times of year.
3. Music. It keeps me focused when I'm working, calms me down when I'm stressed, cheers me up when I'm sad, etc.
4. Some sort of writing implement (pens, computers, pencils, highlighters, whatever, I'll make do).
5. Cooking. When I'm really stressed or overwhelmed, I usually end up in the kitchen throwing together a meal and looking for friends to come over and eat it.
6. Friends. The friends I have made over the years have so enriched and improved my life, and I do not know what I would do without them. Also, my cat.
Lately, I've been doing a lot of homework on Fridays (*cries*). But I brought it on myself.
I'm a trans man. I was really psyched when I changed my name because my initials legally became "irk," which is just an awesome word.