Some other possibly interesting factoids .... I enjoy skiing but am not so good at it; I spend more time lying on the ground figuring out how to escape the snow drift I just crashed into than actually skiing. Running (in nice weather) and lifting are common pastimes; I'd love to be able to squat over 225 lbs but am scared to death of destroying my back and knees. I take my coffee black.
- Being a good listener
- Troubleshooting computer hardware/software
- Harry Potter - these are just awesome stories highlighting how interesting life could be if we were not mere muggles
- NYT columns (as time permits)
I haven't had much time for pleasure reading lately; I would do so if I did have the time.
- Back to the Future (all three but the first one is the best of the bunch)
- Terminator 2: Judgement Day
- The Prestige - the nuances and twists in this tale of bitter rivalry between two magicians are really great
- Frasier - I like this show for its writing and characters. I wish I was as cultured and witty as Frasier (but certainly not as pompous).
- Lot's of sci-fi series, especially Star Trek (all of 'em) or Stargate SG-1.
- LOST - This is one of the few shows I have ever binged on having first started watching during ~season 3. Riveting plot(s) and great character development.
- I'm a big fan of Billy Joel and all his various styles.
- When feeling a bit sad or needing to calm down a bit, Over the Rainbow/It's a Wonderful World is just great.
- Recently some of Sara Bareilles's work has been particularly inspiring.
- I'm also a big sucker for many film soundtracks and broadway musical scores.
I happily devour almost everything, but a few favorites:
- I love sushi; I want to make more money so I can eat it more often.
- All styles of pasta - pesto tortellini is particularly scrumptious.
- Major sweet tooth - I can never resist desserts (chocolate ones in particular) when eating at a nice restaurant.
Warm flannel sheets fresh out of the dryer in the cold of winter
Yards Love Stout (local Philly craft beer)
Family and friends
Sense of curiosity
Spaghetti (for nights when cooking is just not happening)
I also love going out and eating massive quantities of sushi, though that is not quite a typical Friday night.