Some other possibly interesting factoids .... I enjoy skiing but am not so good at it; I spend more time lying on the ground figuring out how to escape the snow drift I just crashed into than actually skiing. Running (in nice weather) and lifting are common pastimes; I'd love to be able to squat over 225 lbs but am scared to death of destroying my back and knees. I take my coffee black.
- Being a good listener
- Troubleshooting computer hardware/software
- Harry Potter - these are just awesome stories highlighting how interesting life could be if we were not mere muggles
- NYT columns (as time permits)
I haven't had much time for pleasure reading lately; I would do so if I did have the time.
- Back to the Future (all three but the first one is the best of the bunch)
- Terminator 2: Judgement Day
- The Prestige - the nuances and twists in this tale of bitter rivalry between two magicians are really great
- Frasier - I like this show for its writing and characters. I wish I was as cultured and witty as Frasier (but hopefully not as pretentious).
- Modern Family
- Lot's of sci-fi series, especially Star Trek (all of 'em!) or Stargate SG-1.
- LOST - This is one of the few shows I have ever binged on having first started watching during ~season 3. Riveting plot(s) and great character development (even if the last season jumped the shark...).
- I'm a big fan of Billy Joel and all his various styles.
- When feeling a bit sad or needing to calm down a bit, Over the Rainbow/It's a Wonderful World is just great.
- Recently some of Sara Bareilles's work has been particularly inspiring.
- I'm also a big sucker for many film soundtracks and broadway musical scores.
I happily devour almost everything, but a few favorites:
- I love sushi; I want to make more money so I can eat it more often.
- All styles of pasta - pesto tortellini is particularly scrumptious.
- Major sweet tooth - I can never resist desserts (chocolate ones in particular) when eating at a nice restaurant.
Yards Love Stout (local Philly craft beer)
Family and friends
Sense of curiosity
Spaghetti (for nights when cooking is just not happening)
Stovetop drip pans (see above)
- What style of pizza I want to make for dinner.
I also love going out and eating massive quantities of sushi, though that is not quite a typical Friday night; staying in to recharge is also common.