I know women do read the profile summaries on here to see if we match up so I want to start by listing the reasons we might not. I'm aware by putting this at the top I cut my potential dating pool by probably 75% but there's no reason I can't at least save both of us some time by getting this out of the way first:
1. I have two beautiful boys aged 6 & 3. They mean the world to me and whoever I'm dating would have to realize their happiness comes before yours and mine. I would hope that wouldn't be an issue but unbelievably I've met people who can't understand that's what being a parent means. Also I don't expect whomever I'm seeing to immediately fall in love with my boys but please if you don't like kids please move on. No harm no foul.
2. I'm divorced. Definitely wasn't my choice. I would have liked to get counseling or whatever it took to save my family at least for my kids sake and divorce should be a last resort and I feel like we weren't to that point. That said it's over and done with and we've both moved on and get along well for out boys. Some people view divorced people as damaged goods so if you already see me like that then please move on.
If you've read this far and haven't run away screaming, thank you. You are either crazy or a saint lol. If you are still here wondering why you should click that message button let me see what I can do to help.
I learn from my mistakes. I don't believe everyone can say that. I try everyday to make myself a better person for my kids, future partner, and myself. Yest I'm divorced but that also caused me to re-evaluate myself and try to fix the issues that got me there. I won't make those mistakes again by taking things for granted. I know now that every day I need to make sure my significant other feels appreciated and actively work at not letting things settle into routine.
I love to laugh, something I'd like to do more of, and am active in finding new and fun things to do to enjoy my life. Don't get me wrong, I can be serious, almost too serious sometimes but at the right times.
I'm looking for someone to share my future with and create our own path. I used to be set in my ways but I'm completely open to change.
I'm a compassionate liberal. I understand there are different ways of seeing the world but I think being with someone else who sees it the way I do politically and socially would probably be best. I don't want or expect a carbon copy of me but some fundamental differences are hard conversation starters.
If you've gotten this far, GOLD STAR! Seriously if you contact me maybe saying what got you past all the BS at the top of this profile and led you to message me would be a great icebreaker. I get a lot of "Hi, how are you?" messages but it usually tends to be some horrible back and forth before I find out they haven't even read my profile and/or are fake. If you send me a real message indicating you at least skimmed this then believe me I'll put the time and energy into seeing if we truly connect.
1. My sons
2. My job
3. Cellphone (tacky I know but it is what it is)
4. Someone to share my life with
5. My health
6. Having fun every once in a while. With friends, by myself, or other.