I grew up in Sacramento, and will probably settle down here too. I spent the first 5 years of adulthood in the Marines, and loved it. I've taken a break from school because I've been going almost non-stop since I was a child (even the Marines sent me to school for two years to learn Arabic), so now I work at my friend's company while I learn more about software development.
I love drawing, and until I discovered the wonders of Warhammer 40,000 it was my one true passion. Miniatures and painting have since taken up nearly all my leisure time, but I can't help flitting from one diversion to another. I'm also in love with cooking, the more elaborate the better. I'm way into tattoos and can't wait to get another one. Also, webcomics.
By the way, I'm Joe. If you make it this far and message me knowing my name, bravo, we should have a conversation!
Also, my awesome smile, but here's a secret: the front six are fake. I had a messed up mouth and Uncle Sam (and a great Navy doc) fixed them up.
Movies: just about anything, although I'm kind of a sap for romantic comedies. I've also been into war flicks lately, both fictional and documentaries.
My music tastes tend to be kind of all over the place. My current two favorites are Polar Bear Club and Brand New, but I've got some old standby's like Reel Big Fish, NoFX, Dr. Dre, Authority Zero, the list goes on. Also, I've gotta add Ratatat to the list, they have hit me like a hammer blow to the pleasure centers of the brain. And I listen to dubsteb when I work out, guilty pleasure.
Food: is it food? 'nuff said.
2. Books - because sitting around staring at walls in my free time is so very boring.
3. Cooking - making it yourself adds to the flavor.
4. My miniatures - painting them is the third most relaxing thing in the world.
5. A shave and haircut - after 5 years of having to groom myself, I've gotten used to looking presentable. I guess I can't get away from that lifestyle.
6. Wool socks - they're so very warm, and I wear them whenever possible.