I remain a fervent fan of live music, an insatiable reader, and lover of good food and drink. The sea and the mountains are important parts of my life and I love growing/nurturing things, especially things that flower.
Money and status don't matter much to me, embracing and enjoying life does. I have tended to rise to the top of whatever pecking order, business, or organization I've been in, and then walked away from it. A close friend once said I was remarkably competent and bizarrely noncompetitive. (Or was it the other way around?)
I am eccentric, perceptive, and bohemian. How about you?
More than most folks I quickly understand ideas, feelings, situations, and the connections among things, and can communicate them and/or act on them.
Things grow and bloom for me.
I know when, and how, to take control of a situation.
Movies: The English Patient, A Clockwork Orange, Rocky Horror, Last Tango, Swept Away (The Wertmuller original), Seven Beauties, Amacord, The Secretary.
Music is as important to me as reading, maybe more so. My taste is broad and eclectic. In the last 24 hours I've listened to: Joan Armatrading, Buddy Guy, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Buju Banton, Patti Smith, Pixies, David Bowie, and tracks from 3 local bands.
With food too, my taste is broad. I like flavors (both subtle and potent) from every cuisine. I cook a lot of Asian fusion, as well as Mediterranean, and Latin American influenced dishes.
1) Laughter only sometimes matters more than meaning, and money usually matters less than either.
2) Your spiritual beliefs do not involve a guy in the sky.
3) It is simply not possible to live your life without passion.
4) You are convinced that I am the one you've been waiting your whole life (or at least the last two weeks) to meet, and you don't really mind that I seem like a lunatic.
5) You've had an astounding insight while reading my profile and don't particularly care if my response is to suggest that you are a lunatic.