If you're here because I visited your profile; Hi, I'm John. Yes, I saw your profile. Chances are, I read the whole damn thing, as is my habit. If you're interested in talking, I'm all for it.
I am a thirty-something Geek, Centrist, NPR fan, Reader amongst bits of arbitrary pigeonholing. Give me a flannel shirt and a PBR and I would look suspiciously hipster-ish, though oddly enough I have also been called a "Bro" on more than one occasion... Given my no pretenses admission of nerdiness, being called a bro is particularly confusing.
I'm a useful person to have around, this usefulness comes both in the form of useful tools carried and information. this is especially true in places I've had time to explore. I am also doggedly loyal to my friends, family and lovers.
I am also nigh allergic to dating site clichés. It's fine if you really do like to have fun (with Friends or without, though it is entirely redundant. If
You didn't enjoy it, it wouldn't be fun.) listen to music and in general think you are an easy going person, in fact, most people do all or most of those things; however it must be asked if it's really necessary to mention in a dating profile given said redundancy?
Movies: My taste in movies is generally pretty broad, but I am really picky about comedies.
Music: If you keep me away from the top 40, the bad hip-hop and the country, I'm sure I'll find something I can listen to. Though I have been re-acquainting myself with jazz lately.
Food: As long as there aren't peanuts (I'm mildly allergic...) I'm happy trying about anything. I've lately gotten into tapas, which has been an interesting experience.
2) The internet: I'm a bit of an information junkie. This condition has only gotten worse since I got an iPhone. I prefer to be able to look up information when I need it, so I will always have some sort of internet capable device on me.
3) Food: I know, it sounds cliché, but, Food or more precisely, good food makes me happy.
4) Something to keep my hands busy: Take that as innocently or as lasciviously as you like. I mean it in all of those fashions. The old saw about idle hands being the devil's playground is often true of me.
5) Bags: I know this will sound odd, but I like bags. I like having something on hand that I can carry stuff in and that contains all of the enormously useful crap I tend to lug around.
6) Sex: This should be totally unsurprising. Like other well adjusted, relatively decent men I have a sex drive. Unlike many other well adjusted, relatively decent men, I'm willing to openly admit it. This does not mean that I am only looking to get laid, nor does this mean that I am going to start messaging someone asking if I can pretty please have sex with them. You shouldn't have to put up with that bullshit and I couldn't imagine asking .