Honest & genuine single dad out trying to meet new folks and see if that spark exists while making great friends in the progress. Would eventually like to get married but I am not by any means in any hurry for that to happen. My kids come first about anything else in any situation and they mean the world to me. I would hope that you would understand that as a parent yourself, or someone who understands single parents who date.
I work a lot of hours so my free time is at a premium and I don't want to spend it playing games - would much rather be out enjoying what this area has to offer, possibly in your company??
Currently on a quest to find the best pizza in the world, er, maybe just locally since I won't be traveling the world any time soon. I've found some serious contenders so far!
Also on a quest to find a horror movie that will actually scare me, which seems to be harder and harder to find. I usually turn to the Asian horror movies for this.
Learning to balance a work/social/fatherhood life all while making sure each day counts so I don't wind up like the poor saps in Office Space in the beginning of the movie ha ha.
Learning how to apply the principles my father taught me about being "old fashioned" in today's ever-changing society.
Always on the search for the cheapest price on gas.
Lastly, letting life lead me in new directions, and remaining curious about what my future holds and very optimistic & excited!!!
Encouraging people do so "stuff" like retire from a crappy job, leave an abusive ex, persuade someone to buy an iPhone from the Verizon store that I just happened to be walking around in (I had an Android phone on Sprint at the time!), or to simply calm down, and take a deep breath and relax for a moment.
Showing empathy, and understanding that there's usually a story behind everything and therefore no reason to cast judgement right away.
And the one thing I know I'm NOT really good at is buying wine - I have absolutely no clue, and the one time I actually ventured over to the wine aisle at Safeway, you would have thought I was in a foreign country - I couldn't tell you what the difference is in anything!!
* The Walking Dead
* The Conjuring
* World War Z
* Under the Dome (Huge King fan!)
And some of my classic favorites include:
* The Fog (the original by John Carpenter)
* Final Destination (the original)
* Flash Forward (was a series on ABC)
* Harpers Island (series on CBS)
* Murder in Small Town X (series on Fox)
As for food, I'm very simple but lately I've been trying many new things from many different ethnicities (again, such a great treat to live in the bay area). But my favorite food still remains a big ass hamburger with onion rings and a great beer to go with it.
* First and foremost would be my children - they are really what makes me, me.
* My family & friends and the support and love they provide in my life.
* My faith & beliefs as well as my connection with God - while I may not be the "church every Sunday" kind of person, I do base my life off of morals and beliefs I've developed all throughout my life.
* My left eye (see my most private thing I'm willing to admit and this will make more sense).
* My understanding/patience/empathy in life. We live in some challenging times and I also have a very challenging job which makes it hard to keep an open mind about society but I remain successful in maintaining that balance.
* A Spotify account - there's a song for everything and for any point in time in my opinion, and I've usually got music playing at any given time. Spotify seems to keep up with my rapid changes in what I want to listen to as my mood changes, plus who likes listening to commercials anymore anyway, right?
~ but ~
I do think a lot about the fact that I am glad Carly Rae's song "Call me maybe" isn't popular anymore! Got so sick to all of the references to that song lol!
I also often think about how I could be more like this guy: http://youtu.be/7ztmtgdZjF8 because I think it would be awesome to travel the world and simply dance and not give a care about anything while getting the local community involved. Plus, I really like the tune too!
And where I can find a great price on gas!
Or, I'll be out on my conquest to search for the best pizza on the planet, or maybe walking across the Golden Gate Bridge? Possibly at the bayside trail near SFO watching planes take off and land while taking pictures??
There's always my favorite dive bar (Andresens) in Petaluma too! It really depends on how things end up quite honestly.
* If your "enemy" percentage isn't very high - not sure how this site calculates how much percentage an enemy could become to someone else but there must be some secret methods.
* If you're interested in talking to a humorous guy that likes to laugh.
* If you can carry on a decent conversation.
* If your profile doesn't have a picture of your car in it.
* If you're not on probation or parole.
* If you know the difference between their, there, and they're.
* If you don't use netspeak.
* If you liked reading my profile.
* Or, if you know of a good pizza place here in the North Bay that I might find interesting!