I'm currently travelling the US looking to meet as many people as I can and see as many things as I can before I find my next career. This can be a challenge for me though...
I've got some 30 qualifications (most non-academic) in a range of fields and have had well over fifty jobs. Largely these have been in performance/entertainment, construction and education industries.
To name a few I have:
- Been in films and on TV.
- Taught meditation to kids from youth justice.
- Setup new years eve fireworks shows.
- Driven trucks around Victoria.
- Been a public speaker/facilitator.
What to do next???...
What I like to laugh at:
The ironies of life. The simplicity of life.
My new years resolution for 2016:
After burning myself out last year I've taking a step back from "goal setting" to live in the moment, be present to and honour my needs and desires, and to honour invitations from people and the universe.
I always found it interesting that we set goals but less than a week later, still holding onto the old goals, we have become a different person and new information has presented itself.
My preferred communication style:
At first I like to ask lots of questions.
I can often be rather up front at times but never in a harsh way; always sincere, respectful and empathetic. I just call it if I see it. This to me is all about self-expression and just saying it if I feel it or see it. I believe too many people suppress what is under the surface to their own detriment and so try to break the norm for this reason.
Further information for those who desire it, I'm a:
- Myers-Briggs type ENFP (which means I'm a laid back, social leader type. I don't think extrovert describes me very well either to be honest as I consider myself an ambivert more than anything else.
- Leo with Pisces rising sign (which means I'm confident like a Leo but the Pisces makes me less arrogant, materialistic and more chilled/curious.)
- My languages of love are touch and quality time.
- Teal level (going on Turquoise) in Integral Theory...although every now and again I "fall" down from not being conscious or letting the fear of life get in the way. I'm also coming out of stage four anima development right now.
- Human Design: A single definition, self-projected projector.
- I'm an orange/yellow level creator in Wealth Dynamics.
I'm a lover of all things expressive too! You want a date with me, take me to a karaoke, contact impro, salsa, yoga, gymnastics, dance, 5 rhythms or any other sort of night and I'm yours!
This is on the path towards finding my ideal career that allows me to serve people in a way that feels congruent to me.
(I'm leaving my old profile details below just for the read...enjoy!)
My current career:
Working on buildings fixing and cleaning them. Usually from the outside with ropes, tools and harnesses.
I also deliver lectures and seminars some evenings to various places. This is what I love! Teaching people self awareness, meditation, emotional intelligence and learning fast.
What keeps me up at night:
How can I teach to people that which they need the most but don't have the resources around them to get AND likely don't even know to ask for? Things like financial intelligence, anger management, meditation and how to overcome procrastination.
My ideal career:
I think I'd really like to be involved in teaching, either doing it myself or working with companies that do it, new methodologies of learning to disadvantaged youth...although to be doing it to anyone and everyone would be fantastic. I'd be doing this internationally.
- Doing things differently, being different, avoiding conformity for social reasons and living a life of variety. I'm clear on what I want 95% of the time and if not then I do the opposite of what everyone else is doing. :)
- Observing the world and my thoughts.
- Writing about what I'm observing.
And my eyes...not sure why exactly but that's what people comment on.
Movies: I used to work in films so I do love a good action film like Bad Boys 2, Transformers and Batman. My inner child loves it when we watch comedies but particularly animated films like Finding Nemo and Wall-E. I do like films like the Matrix, Inception, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Samsara because they challenge you to think.
Hot Fuzz, Super Troopers, Snatch, Yes Man and Pay It Forward are on the list too.
Shows: I don't watch any TV but do like to spoil myself with a bit of theatre or comedy every now and again.
Music: My playlists are VERY broad. I use them to enhance or change my moods. Get my fired up or calm me down. Rock, pop, OSTs, electro-jazz can all be the theme songs to my life!
Food: Curious about vegan and vegetarianism and consider myself about 80% vegetarian.
I avoid fake, overly marketed foods. I listen to my body and give it what it needs but not what it wants. I'm quite proud of the range of food I now eat compared to when i was a kid and also that I have removed my addictions to some foods.
I also fast from time to time.
- New people in my life to create awesomeness with each day.
- Eye contact and a smile. I love sharing a smile with people.
- The internet. It provides an unlimited supply of chaos and discovery for me.
- The city. I've just moved closer to the city and love grabbing a tram to anywhere in Victoria's biggest urban forest to grab a smoothie with friends or go to a dance class or something with people and culture.
- Stillness. I like to meditate and just disconnect from a majority of the thoughts and feelings when they get too much.
I've been exploring with friends over the last year spirituality, politics, business, investing, veganism, relationships, tantra, dancing, meditating, travel, exercise, fitness and many others. Converse with me on any of these and you'll be my new best friend!
The thing I think about the most though is how can I live each day in such a way that it gives me the best memories and lessons to take me forward in life. How I can have my cake and eat it too. I look into the very near future and take little steps towards getting my life to look the way I want it to every day.
I pity people who are stuck inside of belief systems and their own barriers they've set. The book I'm writing is for these sorts of people. I love breaking down my own barriers that hold me back or that just don't seem to have a purpose for me anymore.
My greatest fear: that life will not have been any different on this planet had I not been here.
- is curious
- is playful
- is confident with your sexuality.
- is sexy
- is feminine
- is clean (can be messy and chaotic but hygiene is a must!)
- is going places. Metaphorically or geographically.
- looks to do something different with your life.
- looks to learn something about yourself or the world everyday.
- loves exploring life and the endless possibilities it contains.
- has bothered to put more than two lines of content in each info box on your profile
- is open to chat about and share your opinion and experiences on ANYTHING!
- you can snuggle like a pro!
- can write something more than just "hi, how are you?"
The more you put in the more you get out...I respond to EVERY message!
A combination of three quarters of the above would be fantastic!
Please do not message me if:
- you require validation on a daily basis.
- life scares you.
- if you are looking for "the one"
- you feel uncomfortable talking about certain topics.
- You allow the conversation to stagnate. I'm very happy to be the male and lead/open the conversation, however, one or two sentence answers (unless they are flirty, playful or provocative, stirring along the conversation) can be draining.
Looking forward to our first shared smile! :)