Will take the hard road if it adds value, meaning, lessons or experiences to my life.
Permanent resident of the US
(Have visited about 12 countries)
What I'm currently doing quite my life
Getting paid to travel
I've got some 30 qualifications (most non-academic) in a range of fields and have had well over fifty jobs. Largely these have been in performance/entertainment, construction and education industries.
To name a few I have:
- Been in films and on TV.
- Taught meditation to kids from youth justice.
- Setup new years eve fireworks shows.
- Driven 100ft long trucks.
- Been a public speaker/facilitator.
I love stimulating my mind and my body.
While having never gone to university as such I am always reading something or learning something new. I left behind some 500 books in Australia when I moved over here.
I will often stop to talk with random strangers just out of sheer curiosity.
I'm a lover of all things expressive too! You want a date with me, take me to a karaoke, contact impro, salsa, yoga, gymnastics, dance, 5 rhythms or any other sort of night and I'm yours!
I wonder in what ways the world will be changed after my death having had me on earth.
I love dating because it is one of the few places left as adults where we can be insatiably and indefinitely curious about something exciting to us.
- Doing things differently, being different, avoiding conformity for social reasons and living a life of variety. I'm clear on what I want 95% of the time and if not then I do the opposite of what everyone else is doing. :)
- Observing the world and my thoughts.
- Writing about what I'm observing.
And my eyes...not sure why exactly but that's what people comment on.
Movies: I used to work in films so I do love a good action film like Bad Boys 2, Transformers and Batman. My inner child loves it when we watch comedies but particularly animated films like Finding Nemo and Wall-E. I do like films like the Matrix, Inception, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Samsara because they challenge you to think.
Hot Fuzz, Super Troopers, Snatch, Yes Man and Pay It Forward are on the list too.
Shows: I don't watch any TV but do like to spoil myself with a bit of theatre or comedy every now and again.
Music: My playlists are VERY broad. I use them to enhance or change my moods. Get my fired up or calm me down. Rock, pop, OSTs, electro-jazz can all be the theme songs to my life!
Food: Curious about vegan and vegetarianism and consider myself about 80% vegetarian.
I avoid fake, overly marketed foods. I listen to my body and give it what it needs but not what it wants. I'm quite proud of the range of food I now eat compared to when i was a kid and also that I have removed my addictions to some foods.
I also fast from time to time.
- New people in my life to create awesomeness with each day.
- Eye contact and a smile. I love sharing a smile with people.
- The internet. While I can only be in one place at a time this provides me with unlimited connections to others and family back home.
- Stillness. I like to meditate and just disconnect from a majority of the thoughts and feelings when they get too much.
...so I'm going to rewrite the question. ;)
What do I do to let my hair down?
I love watching a good movie, playing a few board games with friends or connecting with new people. Exploring/hiking (LA is AMAZING for that!), gym(weights or gymnastics...), also surfing is a new addition to the list!
- is curious
- is playful
- is confident with her sexuality.
- is going places. Metaphorically or geographically.
- has bothered to put more than two lines of content in each info box on your profile
- is open-minded, honest and knows what she wants.
- has noticed that I'm "non-monogamous". This means that I'm a knight who is not looking for a queen, but will of course visit any fair maiden who waves her handkerchief from the window of the tallest tower in her kingdom. Many dragons must be slain before thy kingdom shall be safe!
- you can snuggle like a pro!
- can write something more than just "hi, how are you?" Pardon my French but fuck the small talk! ;)
Looking forward to our first shared smile! :)