When my friends and loved ones need help, I'm usually the go to person that others look to for advice or assistance. First to arrive on the scene of a problem, among the last to leave; making sure everyone/everything is taken care of.
An old soul, I'm often told I'm one if those angels that secretly live alongside humanity. What KIND of angel in particular is a source of popular debate; to which I can't help but grin. If you're really into Astrology, I will more than likely confuse the hell out of you at first as I am by no means the textbook archetype of an Aries. As my friends say I'm a unique experience that's well worth taking the time to get to know and gain the trust of; might end up saving and/or changing your life (several stories here, might be persuaded to share).
Over the last few months, I've been helping a relative fight cancer and we've been kicking it in the ass together. The road hasn't been easy, between the chemotherapy and the recent surgery, but we've fought together every step of the way. We got this!
Career wise, climbing the proverbial ladder towards my dream and passion within the field of Marine Biology/Marine Environmental Science. If you are a fellow Biology/Environmental Science major and have some advice, I'd love to hear from you.
• My smile and dimples.
• My eyes when they change color from time to time.
• Am told I exude a sense of balance & calmness; at least half of the time paired with the comment that I must be an old soul.
• Occasionally one of my accents if it is drawn out; I have several naturally and pick up others if I am around it for long enough.
•If at Barnes & Nobles: "What the... is that guy really about to buy all those books!?" No, there's more than likely a second pile nearby that you aren't seeing at that moment. A third pile?! Also, not out the realm of possibilities.
ALL THE BOOKS!!! I read a lot of Science Fiction, YA and Paranormal mysteries; also unapologetically a fan of Dystopian novels. If someone I trust recommends a title, I'm willing to give it a try no matter what the genre. Some of my favorite authors include Sergei Lukyanenko, Tamora Pierce, David Clement-Davies, Suzzane Collins, Veronica Roth, Keri Arthur, G.P. Taylor, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Faith Hunter, J.R. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer, Douglass Adams and Neal Shusterman
**Anyone have any recommendations as to what other amazing books might be worth reading?**
Anything by Hayao Miyazaki or Pixar, Indiana Jones & The Raiders of The Lost Jedi Temple of Doom(No, I did not make this up, go google it or come over and watch it. Was awesome~), Bad Boyz I & II, Vampire Hunter D, and The Fast & The Furious Collection, to name "a few". Believe me, there's a lot more.
Favorite TV Shows:
In short, give me anime, sci-fi, crime/mystery, cooking, comedy, nature or supernatural/paranormal and I'm usually content, though there are other things I like as well. I haven't gotten into Game of Thrones yet (only seen two random episodes from the fifth season) but looks amazing and planning to start it soon. Recently got into Stranger Things; SO MUCH YES!
Music - yes please! Lately I've especially been into a lot of Techno/Trance, Swiss/Celtic Folk Metal & instrumentals from various sources but any type has the potential to move me. ANYTHING by the London Philharmonic Orchestra is an instant win with me. Also been somewhat addicted to Nightcore as of late.
When i do play, RPG/Adventures are the way to my heart. They are essentially interactive books with wonderful music scores, outstanding visuals, compelling storylines and you often get to choose how the story turns out with your actions/inactions. What more can an avid reader/writer ask for?!
Japanese, Italian, Hispanic, Thai, Soup Dumplings(must learn to make these...), Chinese and Indian; they are all delicious. I'll try most types of foods once and then again to see if I like it. Then buy the ingredients to experiment on ways to make it even better and more addicting to those who try it after I'm through.
1. Nature - Especially Rain & Thunderstorms. (You would think having been attacked by a Black Bear in the middle of the night on a camping trip would make me change my thoughts here, but nope. Love the bear too!)
2. My friends & and those I call my true family be they blood related or not (I know they aren't 'things' but shush). Especially my six god children. :)
3. Stories/Books by my favorite authors
4. My memory foam bed (How did I go so many years without it?!?)
5. Music (-hides mp3 player from sight- The precioussss~)
6. And magic in its many forms.
• Why people seek perfection in everything but seldom willing to put in the work towards it or appreciate the 'flaws' which are true perfection; uniqueness.
• Zombie Apocalypse related debates with friends. Fyi, if it happens, we're ready.
• New recipes I'd like to re-create/invent when I'm cooking.
• When my favorite authors are going to release their new novels (I go through good books VERY quickly!)
• Empathy and other forms of extrasensory perception/communication
• Planning next trip to visit my god children and other friends/places I’d like to see worldwide.
• What the next four years are going to be like with how the last few weeks have been playing out...
• The many guises under which racism/sexism exist today to the point where it's socially acceptable unless made beyond blatantly obvious. And even then half the time... -sigh-
• The world, the spaces in between and beyond.
• Despite how social I am, I find myself preferring the company of animals to most people. I don't see a problem here; animals are awesomesauce! If you haven't taken a nap amidst a cuddle pile of animals at least once, you are missing out on a key life moment.
• You are someone who is open-minded, respectful and accepting of people for all of their unique identities.
• You'd like to go out for a drink/coffee/food/random hike and get to know one another face to face at some point as oppose to endless emails (assuming we are both in the same relative area). It's the best way to get a feel for one another.
Disclaimer: Don't let percentages discourage/overly influence you if you think we'd get along. But do have your profile at least somewhat filled out! I put some work into mine (maybe a bit too much... but that's up for debate); would like to at least have a whisper of an idea as to who I'm talking to. Oh, and, for the love of (insert deity of your choosing here; Cthulhu is acceptable), PLEASE say something more than just hi/hello. Give me something I can actually sit down and respond to. I don't think that's asking for to much, is it?