Over the last few months, I've taken on additional responsibilities to help my family through some medical related issues. I'm close with those I call family (be they blood related or not - you can't choose your relatives but you can chose your family) and do what I can in order to help support them.
Career wise, climbing the proverbial ladder towards my dream and passion within the field of Marine Biology/Marine Environmental Science. If you are a fellow Biology/Environmental Science major and have some advice, I'd love to hear from you.
Some Interest include:
Swimming, scuba diving, meditation, fencing, psychology, photography, cosplay, Anime, paranormal/metaphysics, Celtic lore and Iaido.
• My smile and dimples.
• My eyes when they change color from time to time.
• Am told I exude a sense of balance & calmness; at least half of the time paired with the comment that I must be an old soul.
• Occasionally one of my accents if it is drawn out; I have several naturally and pick up others if I am around it for long enough.
•If at Barnes & Nobles: "What the... is that guy really about to buy all those books!?" No, there's more than likely a second pile nearby that you aren't seeing at that moment. A third pile?! Also, not out the realm of possibilities.
ALL THE BOOKS!!! I read a lot of Science Fiction, YA and Paranormal mysteries; also unapologetically a fan of Dystopian novels. If someone I trust recommends a title, I'm willing to give it a try no matter what the genre. Some of my favorite authors include Sergei Lukyanenko, Tamora Pierce, David Clement-Davies, Suzzane Collins, Veronica Roth, Keri Arthur, G.P. Taylor, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Faith Hunter, J.R. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer, Douglass Adams and Neal Shusterman
**Anyone have any recommendations as to what other amazing books might be worth reading?**
Anything by Hayao Miyazaki or Pixar, Indiana Jones & The Raiders of The Lost Jedi Temple of Doom(No, I did not make this up, go google it or come over and watch it. Was awesome~), Bad Boyz I & II, Vampire Hunter D, and The Fast & The Furious Collection, to name "a few". Believe me, there's a lot more.
Favorite TV Shows:
In short, give me anime, sci-fi, crime/mystery, cooking, comedy, nature or supernatural/paranormal and I'm usually content, though there are other things I like as well. I haven't gotten into Game of Thrones yet (only seen two random episodes from the fifth season) but looks amazing and planning to start it soon. Recently got into Stranger Things; SO MUCH YES!
Music - yes please! Lately I've especially been into a lot of Techno/Trance, Swiss/Celtic Folk Metal & instrumentals from various sources but any type has the potential to move me. ANYTHING by the London Philharmonic Orchestra is an instant win with me. Also been somewhat addicted to Nightcore as of late.
Final Fantasy Series, Dragon Age Series, Breath of Fire 3 & 4, The Tales Series, Mass Effect Series, The Legend Of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts Series, Skyrim, Diablo 3 (RPGs as a whole, really), Agricola, Scrabble, Bang!, Cards Against Humanity and Apples To Apples among others.
Japanese, Italian, Hispanic, Thai, Soup Dumplings(must learn to make these...), Chinese and Indian; they are all delicious. I'll try most types of foods once and then again to see if I like it. Then buy the ingredients to experiment on ways to make it even better and more addicting to those who try it after I'm through.
1. Nature - Especially Rain & Thunderstorms. (You would think having been attacked by a Black Bear in the middle of the night on a camping trip would make me change my thoughts here, but nope. Love the bear too!)
2. My friends & and those I call my true family be they blood related or not (I know they aren't 'things' but shush). Especially my six god children. :)
3. Stories/Books by my favorite authors
4. My memory foam bed (How did I go so many years without it?!?)
5. Music (-hides mp3 player from sight- The precioussss~)
6. And magic in its many forms.
• Zombie Apocalypse related debates with friends. Fyi, if it happens, we're ready.
• New recipes I'd like to re-create/invent when I'm cooking.
• When my favorite authors are going to release their new novels (I go through good books VERY quickly!)
• Empathy and other forms of extrasensory perception/communication
• Planning next trip to visit my god children and other friends/places I’d like to see worldwide.
• The many guises under which racism/sexism exist today to the point where it's socially acceptable unless made beyond blatantly obvious. And even then half the time... -sigh-
• The world, the spaces in between and beyond.
• Despite how social I am, I find myself preferring the company of animals to most people. I don't see a problem here; animals are awesomesauce! If you haven't taken a nap amidst a cuddle pile of animals at least once, you are missing out on a key life moment.
• If I make you one of my specialty dishes (ex: Baked Ziti, one of my signature Pad Thais, etc) and it's not a holiday or special occasion, I'm essentially saying "I really really like you". And possibly also saying "And I want you, do you want me too?" Your move... Yes... It's Carly Rae Jepsen... Don't judge me, it's catchy!
• You are someone who is open-minded, respectful and accepting of people for all of their unique identities. Have close friends of many different orientations and mentalities; if you can't respect that then it won't work out in any regard.
• You'd like to go out for a drink/coffee/food/random hike and get to know one another face to face at some point as oppose to endless emails (assuming we are both in the same relative area). It's the best way to get a feel for one another.
Disclaimer: Don't let percentages discourage/overly influence you if you think we'd get along. But do have your profile at least somewhat filled out! I put some work into mine (maybe a bit too much... but that's up for debate); would like to at least have a whisper of an idea as to who I'm talking to. Oh, and, for the love of (insert deity of your choosing here; Cthulhu is acceptable), PLEASE say something more than just hi/hello. Give me something I can actually sit down and respond to. I don't think that's asking for to much, is it?