Nature is my true love; put me outdoors near a body of water or trees and an abundance of animals and you will have easily made my day. Whether it be local parks/beaches or driving upstate/out of state with friends, I need time to commune with nature somewhat regularly. I'm lucky in that regard as I live near Prospect Park; woo hoo!
An old soul; I'm told every so often that I'm one of those angels that secretly live alongside humanity. What KIND of angel in particular is a source of popular debate between my friends. Prevalent theory is a Guardian/Weeping Angel hybrid; much of my good and any suspected evil deeds are done behind the scenes when no one is looking(Don't blink!). You never know if it was me...
In general, I love to learn and share knowledge with other people; experiencing as much as possible, embracing the connections formed and learning more about myself in the process. There's an abundance of mysteries in this world just waiting to be discovered, why wouldn't one want to do some exploring? Let's chat and greet to know one another!
That aside, you can usually find me volunteering, planning game/movie/cooking nights with friends, occasionally helping to DJing and/or cater a friend's event, random road trips with friends and planning what state/country I should visit next from my ever growing list. Also working on learning additional languages; currently focusing on Mandarin.
Over the last year, I've been helping care for two of my relatives that had fallen very ill. One has regrettably since passed (age related) and the other is on the extended road to recovery as a psuedo-patient of mine. It's been a really difficult journey for us both but I'm glad to have been able to help them fight back towards this positive result. I'm still trying to process everything that I've come to discover about myself through it all.
• My smile and dimples.
• My eyes when they change color from time to time.
• Am told I exude a sense of balance & calmness.
• Occasionally one of my accents if it is drawn out; I have several naturally and pick up others if I am around it for long enough.
•If at Barnes & Nobles: "What the... is that guy really about to buy all those books!?" No, there's more than likely a second pile nearby that you aren't seeing at that moment.
ALL THE BOOKS!!! I read a lot of Science Fiction, YA and Paranormal mysteries; also unapologetically a fan of Dystopian novels. If someone I trust recommends a title, I'm willing to give it a try no matter what the genre. Some of my favorite authors include Sergei Lukyanenko, Tamora Pierce, David Clement-Davies, Suzzane Collins, Veronica Roth, Keri Arthur, G.P. Taylor, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Faith Hunter, J.R. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer, Douglass Adams and Neal Shusterman
**Anyone have any recommendations as to what other amazing books might be worth reading?**
Anything by Hayao Miyazaki or Pixar, Indiana Jones & The Raiders of The Lost Jedi Temple of Doom(No, I did not make this up, go google it or come over and watch it. Was awesome~), Bad Boyz I & II, Vampire Hunter D, and The Fast & The Furious Collection, to name "a few". Believe me, there's a lot more.
Favorite TV Shows:
In short, give me anime, sci-fi, crime/mystery, cooking, comedy, nature or supernatural/paranormal and I'm usually content, though there are other things I like as well. I haven't gotten into Game of Thrones yet (only seen two random episodes from the fifth season) but looks amazing and planning to start it soon(If you're willing to be my binging buddy l/guide, I will repay you with delicious homemade food and/or massages; your choice). Recently got into Stranger Things; SO MUCH YES!
Music - yes please! Lately I've especially been into a lot of Techno/Trance, Swiss/Celtic Folk Metal & instrumentals from various sources but any type has the potential to move me. ANYTHING by the London Philharmonic Orchestra or Lindsey Stirling is an instant win with me. Also been somewhat addicted to Nightcore as of late.
When i do play, RPG/Adventures are the way to my heart. They are essentially interactive books with wonderful music scores, outstanding visuals, compelling storylines and you often get to choose how the story turns out with your actions/inactions. What more can an avid reader/writer ask for?!
Japanese, Italian, Hispanic, Thai, Soup Dumplings(must learn to make these...), Chinese and Indian; they are all delicious. I'll try most types of foods once and then again to see if I like it. Then buy the ingredients to experiment on ways to make it even better and more addicting to those who try it after I'm through.
1. Nature - Especially Rain & Thunderstorms. (You would think having been attacked by a Black Bear in the middle of the night on a camping trip would make me change my thoughts here, but nope. Love the bear too!)
2. Cuddles. I'm a living teddy bear.
3. Stories/Books by my favorite authors
4. My memory foam bed (How did I go so many years without it?!?)
5. Music (-hides mp3 player from sight- The precioussss~)
6. And magic in its many forms.
• Why people seek perfection in everything but seldom willing to put in the work towards it or appreciate the 'flaws' which are true perfection; uniqueness.
• Zombie Apocalypse and other apocalyptic scenario related debates with friends. Fyi, if they happens, we're ready.
• New recipes I'd like to re-create/invent when I'm cooking.
• When my favorite authors are going to release their new novels (I go through good books VERY quickly!)
• Empathy and other forms of extrasensory perception/communication
• What the next four years are going to be like with how the last few weeks have been playing out...As well as wondering what would come first... World War III or Civil War II...
• Writing my first book; a work in progress.
Until recently, I've been staying in a little more to help care for one of my relatives and help distract them from the healing process. They've improved to the point that I'm starting to go out more again. Maybe my Friday nights can start including you?
• Despite how social I am, I find myself preferring the company of animals to most people. I don't see a problem here; animals are awesomesauce! If you haven't taken a nap amidst a cuddle pile of animals at least once, you are missing out on a key life moment.
• You are someone who is open-minded, respectful and accepting of people for all of their unique identities. I'm going to be blunt: I'm a community ally and several of my closest friends whom you'd inevitably meet if you become an integral part of my life don't follow the traditional relationship rubric. If you can't/won't respect my friends on basic principle, then that's a negativity I don't need as part of my life.
• You'd like to go out for a drink/coffee/food/random hike and get to know one another face to face, sooner rather than later (assuming we are both in the same relative area). It's the best way to get a feel for one another.