25 random facts about me:
1) I volunteer at a museum
2) Cooked my first full Thanksgiving dinner at 21
3) I've seen sunset on Pike's Peak
4) Attended a parochial boarding school
5) I've kayaked on the Hudson River
6) Taught Sunday school
7) Conversed with Paul Volker about the war in Iraq
8) I've been complemented by Richard Holbrooke
9) Taught workshops at Burning Man
10) I'm an avid cheese enthusiast/addict
11) I own and have read books by Shel Silverstien, Roman Dirge and Steven Hawking.
12) I've participated in Tibetan Buddhist tsoks
13) Worked for a foreign consulate
14) Played an instrument in a performance for a US President in high school.
15) I've attended an Olympic opening ceremony.
16) Three of my direct ancestors were Civil War veterans.
17) I love watching Adult Swim on Cartoon Network.
18) I have eaten fugu.
19)I've given a man his last kiss.
20) Think dogs are awesome.
21) Driven an RV
22) I've met all of the members of the King family except 2 and worked with one of them.
23) I love getting platzas at Russian or Turkish bathouses.
24) Dated at least one person with an Erdos #
25)I've been a reporter for a public radio and television station.
Now its your turn. . .
My friends also tell me I'm pretty intuitive.
This makes me a pretty good matchmaker (not that I go around matching people up). I just haven't be able to get the benefit from my own matchmaking skills.
I've cooked meals that have brought vegetarians back to flesh consumption.
I'm good with kids and animals.
My preferences are very broad. I'm a journalist by training, a writer and was an English Minor is school so I have several favs. I recently finished almost all of Octavia Butler's books and the Game of Thrones Series. George R. R. Martin is great. Sci Fi / history geek.
I'm a cook, so my tastes in food are broad it's easier for me to talk about the few foods I dislike than the ones I love. I'm partial to Asian food and cheese. Don't know how people eat eggs though they smell like brimstone.
I'm from a very musical family so my musical preferences are pretty broad and vary depending on my mood.
When I was 5, I thought I couldn't live without big juicy peaches and Christopher Reeve. Christopher Reeve is gone but I'm still here. R.I.P Superman
I used to eat sushi every week, thought I couldn't live in a city without a sushi bar. I haven't had sushi in months and I'm not dead yet.
I can get by without a lot but abstemiousness ain't really my thang. I guess I'd have to say I really can't do without my five senses and companionship.
Aren't intimidated by my list and want to know more about anything on the list.
Have body ink or a bike "I like to go fast." - Ricky Bobby
You don't think a first date entitles you entry into my home, or she parts. (Seriously some men are really angry, or disappointed if they aren't granted access to both after a cup of coffee, or glass of wine.)
Are taller than 3 smurfs high
(you don't have to be tall but I like to at least look a man in the
Are bald or have short hair (bald is sexy). Not into guys with hair like Rapunzel for the literary impaired that's shoulder length or longer.
Are a history buff or like museums
Like Southern women