I believe that we are defined by the choices we make.
I like to live life intensely.
I try to indulge in art as much as I can - both classic and modern. Especially music.
Global expat - I've lived in four different countries now and I'm hoping this number will only go up.
I find joy in the smaller things in life, too - cooking a nice dinner, the sight of lights over a dark body of water.
Oh, I've been playing the saxophone for years now (with some breaks in between naturally), and I love that brass baby.
Considering issues from multiple perspectives.
Currently reading 1984.
I still cannot believe I read the entire Wheel of Time series and that I still liked it after.
Song of Ice and Fire
The Stranger (Camus)
A Happy Death (Camus)
Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
Shogun (James Clavell)
Pretty much anything Monty Python.
Star Wars (except for the prologue trilogy)
The Big Lebowski
Oh boy. Where do I even start? I'm a big fan of jazz and hard rock. No, seriously, I can listen to Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Simone followed by some Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Also got a bit of a weak spot for indie pop bands like The Neighbourhood. Caravan Palace (electro-swing) and Sabaton (heavy metal) are also up there.
Food: I find that I eat a lot of chicken. It's a lean, high-protein meat. I'm the least picky eater you will ever find - although I do still miss cooking from back home and I do have a weak spot for lamb chops.
1. Coffee - YES. GIVE IT TO ME. GIVE ME COFFEE. I swear I'm not an addict - I can quit whenever I want to!
2. Technology - the only way I have to keep in touch with my family from abroad. Long live Skype!
4. Cooking, an inseparable part of my culture.
5. Real, human connection. None of that superficial crap.
6. Music - I seriously cannot believe how much I enjoy playing the saxophone and how music can connect me with so many amazing people.
If you can appreciate the difference between existentialism and nihilism.
If you know how to enjoy good scotch.
If you have a story to share - I'm always looking to hear more interesting stories!