There are loads of things I'm passionate about - from summitting Alpine peaks to playing African drums. Profile-writing isn't one of them.
I'm outdoorsy (climber, mountaineer) yet love big cities with character. I've lived/travelled almost everywhere. I'd rather not rattle off my weird-and-wacky travel CV here and risk sounding pretentious - say hello if you want to know more. :)
• Cooking steak. Really well. And not well-done.
• Making cocktails, drinking cocktails
• Getting lost in the mountains and feeling awesome about it (after scaring the living shit out of myself)
• Finding adventure. Even when I don't want to.
Currently reading Kahneman's "Thinking Fast and Slow". Big fan of Coupland and Rushdie, as well as classics like Conrad. I still indulge in travel/adventure/mountaineering literature from the likes of Tim Butcher.
My taste in music is heavily influenced by my metalhead youth. I still indulge in a bit of 70's and 80's metal, classic and punk rock, enjoy some smoky blues (Clapton/Van Morrison/Nina Simone) but have been exploring other genres as far off as electro-swing (Parov Stelar!) and Afrogroove in more recent times.
Thanks but no thanks to R&B, dubstep and their bastard cousins.
Food: Almost anything as long as it's cooked with care and passion. I love being experimental with food. One of life's pleasures that deserve in-depth exploration.
• Technology (you gotta learn about it!)
• Ideals worthy of Epicurus himself: fine wine, good food, passionate love
• Analytical thought and a curious mind
• The great outdoors
• Keeping fit, being healthy
• How I really need to make each day last 36 hours
• Doing something normal
• Doing something abnormal
I.e., there's no such thing as typical and this is a shit poor question, fabricated by a certifiable moron.
Ok, that's not very private, but I can't really write about my coke habit, the dead hooker in my hotel bathtub or the number of bastard children I've sired, can I?
You enjoy your food, wine and good cocktails, and want to meet up and get a drink. You feel like climbing or hiking sometime. You like being tied up.