- Getting excited at everyday things (I admit sometimes I am a High 5 abuser)
- Fixing stuff. I suppose that comes with my job, but I'm always the guy to go when something goes wrong (mostly technical, but getting really good at fixing people! :P)
- I can't stay still. I'm either non-stop or completely hibernating in bed. I will possibly be steady and seemingly calmed if we meet for the first time, but that would be until I get over my initial shyness….
- I have a camera with me most of the time. I think I am a decent photographer, never made a live out of it but the film studies helped with that!)
I'm sure I'll forget something, but I will keep adding… Anything David Fincher does (Seven, Fight Club, Panic Room, Zodiac, The Game), Frank Darabont's stuff (The Green Mile, Shawkhawk redemption). Truman Show (and almost any film that plays with parallel realities or cheats on you until the end), The Matrix (it has to be here as is the film that made me want to be a filmmaker), L.A. confidential, Robert Zemeckis films (Contact and Forrest Gump are among my favourites, Flight was pretty good), Cinema Paradiso (The only film I ever remember crying on; this and "The Lion King" when they kill Mufasa, but I was like 10yrs old on that one) Most of Tarantino's Stuff (Pulp fiction is a must, but also got hooked on Kill Bill), Amelie (Which might seem a super cliche, but it makes me feel something special everytime I watch it, and also introduced me to Yann Tiersen, which is now one of my favourite musicians) Spielberg (Despite what people say, I loved War of the Worlds ,Woody Allen , Darren Aronofsky (The fountain, Black Swan, Requiem for a Dream), Indiana Jones and , of course, Star Wars. Most of John McTiernan Action Films (Die Hard, Hunt for red October, Predator), yep, James Bond films as well. Regarding spanish filmmakers, my favourite one is Julio Medem (Lucia and the Sex, Lovers of the polar circle), Good Morning Vietnam, The boat that rocked (and mostly any music related film, In the next life I would love to be a 60's radio DJ doing late night shows)…
It would have been easier to say the ones that I don't like!
Music is my biggest passion and spend as much time as possible listening and producing it. I'm mostly a Rock,Blues and "anything acoustic and/or with energy" guy but I get easily distracted with any good music of any style. If you want to have an overall sense of what I like, you might as well listen for a while to my favourite radio station (www.fipradio.fr)
If you prefer names…. Queens of the Stone Age, The Black Keys, Alt-J, Arctic Monkeys (Massive fan of "Favourite worst nightmare"), Foo Fighters, Pink Floyd, Them Crooked Vultures, Led Zeppelin,Nirvana (Mostly "Nevermind") The stones, Jimmy Hendrix, The Last Shadow Puppets, Brian Setzer orchestra, Santana, Royal Crown Revue,Portishead, Green Day, The Prodigy, RATM , Audioslave (In love with the first album), System of a Down, Massive attack, The Dead Weather (or maybe easier to say "anything Jack White gets his hands on"),Placebo, Radiohead, Bon Iver, AC/DC, Muse ,Michael Jackson, Moloko, The Chemical Brothers, Justice, Morcheeba, Lenny Kravitz, The Doors,RHCP, JET, Beatles, Kings of Leon, Dap Kings, Amy Winehouse, Faithless, Yann Tiersen (yeah, mentioned him before), NIN,The Haggis Horns, Alabama Shakes,Cream, Emir Kusturika, Gogol Bordello,Jamiroquai, Franz Ferdinand, Dave Matthews band, Daft Punk,Miles Davis, Any given good brass band, Black Sabbath, Beyonce, Tracy Chapman, Norah Jones, Madonna (Just "Ray of Light" the rest… not so sure), Gregory Porter, Diana Krall, Amon Tobin, Dinah Washington, Sara Vaughan, Billie Holiday, Boards of Canada, Jon Hopkins, Incubus (Mainly "Make yourself" and "Morning View"), Mogwai, The Mynabirds, Juan Luis Guerra, Michel Camilo, Kiko Veneno, Grace Slick and the great society, Jefferson Airplane…. Are you still awake? Sorry! :P
SUITS, Six Feet Under (BEST-ENDING-EVER),Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones, The Newsroom (Or anything Aaron Sorkin ever wrote), Lost, House of Cards, True detective, The Wire and Tremé, Peaky Blinders (I worked on this one!), Black Mirror (and on this one as well!), Band of Brothers, Dexter,Family Guy (It is scary how the flashbacks resemble my thinking sometimes), Big Bang Theory, Friends, Nashville (really!!!??. Yep, it's almost a soap opera, but it´s all about the music business!)
I'm reading magazines most of the time. I'm a super fan of Wired (UK Edition mainly) and also spend good time reading Lonely Planet Traveller and AD
Anything Nick Hornby (The first read was High Fidelity and been a follower since then) and Anything James Ellroy. More to follow!
I'm very partial to spanish food, but really into pasta, indian and thai food. I love cooking and will hopefully make some more time to do it!
- Loud Music (bonus if I'm listening to it while driving)
- The Sun and the Sea (I know, they are two different things, but I grew up in the coast and they are both a pack for me!)
- Travelling (Still haven't decided if I love driving over a good train or a plane…)
- Bed (Still haven't found anything I dislike about what happens there, apart from hangover damage control, of course...)
- On a plane somewhere (Did I say I love travelling?)
- On the cinema (if work has been tough during the week and there are no good gigs around. I actually prefer cinema on weekdays)
- out and about with my friends (very likely)
- Chilling out at home
b)reporting me to the okcupid police
d)all of the above
and would like to meet up or just have an online chat, hit me!.
Please, don't be offended if I take a while (or long while) to reply. I always do my best to reply quickly, but I keep forgetting!
PS: Please, if you are a maniac or serial killer, let me know in advance!