I am originally from northern Virginia, but moved to Florida to attend law school and start a career. I enjoy being out in the sun, especially at the beach or on a boat.
I'm looking for someone to get to know, and share my limited free time with. Someone to watch a movie with after a long day. And especially someone to get me moving on these beautiful south Florida weekend mornings, so I don't let the days get away from me. Ideally someone educated or intelligent.
I love almost all books. I'm a literature lover. I especially love memoirs, historical non-fiction, and good classic novels, such as Faulkner's or Graham Greene's. I most adore dystopian literature, such as Brave New World, 1984, The Handmaid's Tale, etc. Over the summer I had lots of time to read, and it was AWESOME. Among many others, I got through The Black Swan, Atlas Shrugged, I re-read The Tender Bar and Angela's Ashes, and I read a couple books on psychology and human behavior. It was like a super long vacation.
Movies, I love anything that can make me forget about the real world while I'm watching it. Lately, my favorite movie is The Watchmen. It is seriously amazing. Many movies have messages, but this one has multiple, and I love it.
TV, I watch It's Sunny in Philadelphia, 30 Rock, True Blood, Entourage, Deadliest Catch, How I Met Your Mother, The League, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Grilled food (especially steak), sushi, fresh seafood, Italian and French cooking, and Irish cooking (it's what I grew up with). I love good food in general.
- My family. There are a lot of us, and we grew up very close because we were in the military.
- My friends. I have a lot of friends, but only a few very close friends, because those people are most important.
- Good food & drink. This may have something to do with being a big guy. But whatever; if we lived in France I would be considered a "Gourmand." Always be wary of skinny chefs.
Also, I eat meat and I do not apologize for it, but I also don't eat a ton of it. So if you're vegetarian, you probably will barely notice it.
- Women. I feel like this one is obvious. So, women of the world, consider yourselves honored to have made my list.
- Salt water.
- Coffee. I just love the stuff. Buy me a cup of coffee, and you'll make me a very happy man. Make me a cup of good coffee and you can steal my heart.
I want to add a list of "Things I Would Rather Do Without," but every time I get on here I forget them all.
My thoughts wander a lot, and one of the things I think about most is how to make things better. And I mean everything. One minute I might be thinking about how to ameliorate pollution, the next minute I might think about improving our tax system, and after that I might think about how to make an oven work better. I swear, everything I see, at some point I think about how to make them better.
Other than that, if you want to know more, ask.
1) I prefer people who can construct a decent sentence. U r not kewl if u type lik diz. Huge, huge turnoff.
2) I know being online is scary, but you need to have photos, and they need to be of more than just your head from that above-the-head angle. You aren't fooling anyone.
I have chat turned off, because I don't like it.