A heretic looking for fellow sentient beings to co-operate with on various planetary projects. And maybe something else as well.
I consider myself introverted, eccentric, analytic, creative, independent, open-minded, non-confrontational and long-term-oriented. Despite my deep and gloomy ideas I can be surprisingly positive and spontaneous. I have also been developing my pragmaticism in recent years.
Some random and generic interests: alternative lifestyles/societies, deep ecology, self-sufficiency, high and low technology, human mind, occult, mythology, philosophy, natural and artificial languages, speculative worlds/scenarios, art. Untapped potential and unexplored paths in just about anything inspire me. Dogmatism and one-dimensionality bore me. I always try to keep balance between rationality and irrationality.
For several years, I have been avoiding "big money jobs". Instead, I have been opening doors into possibility spaces I find more relevant. When I founded a hacker magazine two years ago I realized my potential as a kind of visionary leader. I've been planning to reveal some new visions in the near future, hoping that they grow into meaningful projects.
Now I'm in the middle of a transition stage and still unsure where it's going to take me. After living a semi-hermitic life for several years, I feel that a more socially-oriented phase could be helpful in strengthening my politically active side.
I mostly read non-fiction more or less related to my various interests.
My quantitative requirements for external entertainment are relatively low, and I'm more likely to relax from my own creative projects than from someone else's. I've been a prominent computer artist in a rather hardcore technical context for quite many years (see demoscene), and I'm much into computationally minimal esthetics in general.
I often need to consciously push myself to consume culture unless I'm with someone else. Even then I try to make the experience particularly meaningful for myself. Experimental, mind-boggling and obscure stuff is inspiring, but I try to be open towards mainstream material as well.
- What kind of online trolling is the most useful for saving the planet?
- What kind of fractals sound catchiest when interpreted as music, and how can I find them?
- Is there a universal method for convincing people that the real world is much wider and more diverse than any abstraction thereof?
- Why is it fun to imagine sci-fi settings when walking in the wilderness even though Nature surely is fascinating enough on its own?
- Is it possible to develop "superhuman" mental abilities with specifically tailored video games or constructed languages?
- How much is it possible to reduce the size of the overgrown material economy while increasing people's well-being at the same time?
- Is there anything that our Western civilization can learn from how squids and octopuses experience the world?
- If human beings are becoming increasingly dependent on artificial intelligence, are we going to need artificial wisdom as well?
- What is the most esthetically pleasing way of linking every imaginable thing to every imaginable thing?
- What is the exact mechanism that turns potentially interesting people into boring conformists when they age, and what can I do to disable it?
I'm not too much into normative categories in relationships (or in anything else, actually). Every relationship defines itself in its own terms. My profile may make me sound quite deep, but deepness is definitely not the only possible way to go in relationships.
Still, If you're looking for someone to live in your experimental, self-sufficient, underwater, polyamorous community, then please contact me at once.
PS. I'll be travelling between Oulu and Amsterdam in mid-August, so if you're close to the route, this may be your chance for a live meeting.