● Playing games (Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, formerly World of Warcraft). Definitely, absolutely, probably not playing Pokemon Go. Maybe.
● Re-answering all the questions on OKCupid.
● Teaching at a local community college and working an I.T. job to pay the bills.
● Working grueling and immensely satisfying hours at the Maryland Renaissance Festival (formerly at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire) and the Pennsic War, selling raw varietal honey, beeswax-based cosmetics, and candles.
● Working through an ever-increasing list of potential hobbies. Next on the list is wood turning, or concertina, or Contra dance, or something. Edit: Getting rid of hobby-things that I don't use, so I don't feel bad when I look at them across the room and they make sad faces at me because I don't play with them anymore.
● Suiting up. I love to suit up.
● playing board games and card games,
● typing at high speeds with high accuracy,
● organizing music libraries,
● remaining largely realistic with a touch of optimism,
● using bullet points, and
● getting far too distracted by fascinating things.
● I'm a red-head. I prefer this term to 'ginger.' Ginger belongs in cookies, not on heads. If you know what pfeffernusse are, we should be friends.
● I am smiling, and my beard is SO RED.
● I speak quickly, precisely, and occasionally say single words in accents from places that I have never been during otherwise unaccented conversation.
● The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft
● "The Silmarillion" and "Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
● The Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling
List is huge, best to just ask.
Not watching as many movies these days. Netflix releasing series at a time has spoiled me. How can you tell a story these days in less than thirteen hours?
● The Fifth Element
● The Boondock Saints
● Scott Pilgrim
● Shaun of the Dead
● Game of Thrones
● Phineas and Ferb
● Gravity Falls
● Being Human (U.K.)
...and many, many more. The answer to, "Have you seen [nerdy show]?" is most likely yes. Firefly was okay, but I'd rather have another season of Dollhouse. Recently finished Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra and loved them.
I love music. If I am not listening to it, I am humming or whistling or singing. Current genre obsessions include folk-ish stuff (Kate Rusby, The Wailin' Jennys, Deb Talan, Regina Spektor), melancholy or wistful singer/songwriter dudes (Matt Nathanson, Joshua Radin, Jason Myles Goss, Jack Johnson), and female-vocalist metal (Halestorm, Amaranthe, Eluveitie).
Two songs I can't get enough of right now:
"The Devil's Bleeding Crown" by Volbeat
"Moon Shadow" by Kate Rusby
Best to just ask me about games. I've played so many video games, board games, card games, outdoor games, and role playing games that I cannot select a handful to write here.
● Curry, generally with rice or udon
● Fancy gourmet coffee and tea drinks
● Trail mix/GORP
● Soups and stews
● A project.
● My kitchen (or an equivalently cozy, well-stocked kitchen).
● My phone. It's too useful a tool at this point.
● All the things I would do if I had more energy.
● World-building for fictional universes.
● What I would need to do to open a successful brewpub.
● Whether I have all of my Pocket Things (I always have the exact same things in the exact same pockets)