● Playing games (Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, formerly World of Warcraft). Definitely, absolutely, probably not playing Pokemon Go. Maybe.
● Re-answering all the questions on OKCupid.
● Teaching at a local community college and working an I.T. job to pay the bills.
● Working grueling and immensely satisfying hours at the Maryland Renaissance Festival (formerly at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire) and the Pennsic War, selling raw varietal honey, beeswax-based cosmetics, and candles.
● Working through an ever-increasing list of potential hobbies. Next on the list is wood turning, or concertina, or Contra dance, or something. Edit: Getting rid of hobby-things that I don't use, so I don't feel bad when I look at them across the room and they make sad faces at me because I don't play with them anymore.
● Suiting up. I love to suit up.
● playing board games and card games,
● typing at high speeds with high accuracy,
● organizing music libraries,
● remaining largely realistic with a touch of optimism,
● using bullet points, and
● getting far too distracted by fascinating things.
● I'm a red-head. I prefer this term to 'ginger.' Ginger belongs in cookies, not on heads. If you know what pfeffernusse are, we should be friends.
● I am smiling, and my beard is SO RED.
● I speak quickly, precisely, and occasionally say single words in accents from places that I have never been during otherwise unaccented conversation.
● Cat's Cradle" by Kurt Vonnegut
● The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft
● "The Silmarillion" and "Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
● The Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling
● "The Golden Bough" by James George Fraser
List is huge, best to just ask.
Not watching as many movies these days. Netflix releasing series at a time has spoiled me. How can you tell a story these days in less than thirteen hours?
● The Fifth Element
● The Boondock Saints
● Scott Pilgrim
● Shaun of the Dead
● Game of Thrones
● Phineas and Ferb
● Gravity Falls
● Being Human (U.K.)
...and many, many more. The answer to, "Have you seen [nerdy show]?" is most likely yes. Firefly was okay, but I'd rather have another season of Dollhouse. Recently finished Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra and loved them.
I love music. If I am not listening to it, I am humming or whistling or singing. Current genre obsessions include folk-ish stuff (Kate Rusby, The Wailin' Jennys, Deb Talan, Regina Spektor), melancholy or wistful singer/songwriter dudes (Matt Nathanson, Joshua Radin, Jason Myles Goss, Jack Johnson), and female-vocalist metal (Halestorm, Amaranthe, Eluveitie). I like music that gives me feelings.
Best to just ask me about games. I've played so many video games, board games, card games, outdoor games, and role playing games that I cannot select a handful to write here.
● Curry, generally with rice or udon
● Fancy gourmet coffee and tea drinks
● Trail mix/GORP
● Soups and stews
● A project.
● My kitchen (or an equivalently cozy, well-stocked kitchen).
● My phone. It's too useful a tool at this point.
● All the things I would do if I had more energy.
● World-building for fictional universes.
● What I would need to do to open a successful brewpub.
● Whether I have all of my Pocket Things (I always have the exact same things in the exact same pockets)