• I don't reply to messages from people who haven't posted pictures. I've got pictures up, and fair is fair.
• I'm not interested in helping attached men cheat on their significant others. If that's what you take from my 'most private thing I'm willing to admit', then read it again. Use a dictionary if you need to. Open relationship - all good. Cheating - sod off. Please. =)
Okay, now that's out of the way:
• I write well. Really well. In fact, I recently had a short story published in an anthology - my first! That's the book in my profile pic. I'm still a little excited about this. =)
• I earn a living by doing PR and media for a non-profit.
• Yes, I'm really that short. ;P
• I speak Italian because my mom's parents never learned English. I've also begun studying German, in a half-assed kinda way.
• I have a Master's degree in Communication and Social Justice.
• I wrote my thesis on Canadian independent music as political action. This led directly to me kinda-sorta managing an indie music collective for a while. It also set me on the path towards some very significant events and relationships.
•I can't decide if Berlin or Warsaw is my favourite city in the world.
•My nose has been pierced since I was 21 or so. I also have a tattoo right between my shoulder blades. I love it.
• I adore dogs. The bigger, the better. I'm perfectly happy to play with a bull mastiff, but chihuahuas make me nervous.
• I've learned to love cats, too. In fact, I have one - a neurotic little ginger-and-white male named Sid (Vicious).
• Moxy Fruvous still ranks high on my list of favourite bands. I will fight with you about this. Yes, even after all THAT.
• I love going for walks. Especially when there's a Cold Stone Creamery at the end.
• I think M*A*S*H, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The X-Files were absolutely incredible pieces of pop culture.
• I may be a little bit in love with Johnny Lee Miller as Sherlock Holmes. And Benedict Cumberbatch.
• Men in eyeliner are hot beyond belief.
• Ruby Rose might be the most attractive person I've ever seen, of either gender.
Enjoying stand up comedy. And burlesque. Not at the same time, though.
Recommending good music.
Using my library card.
Not-physically, my sense of humour or my left-wingnut politics.
Favourite Movies: Good-bye Lenin, Get Him to the Greek, My Own Private Idaho, Canadian Bacon, Me and Johnny, Budrus, Aisheen, Johnny Stechino, The Pianist, The Lost Boys, Der Baader-Meinhof Komplex, Sixteen to Life, The Darjeeling Limited, The Untouchables, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Invictus, The Motorcycle Diaries, 1969, La Vita e Bella, What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, Kick-Ass, The Future is Unwritten.
Favourite TV Shows: The Big Bang Theory, In Treatment, House, Criminal Minds, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Californication, The Golden Girls, The X-Files, M*A*S*H, The West Wing, Elementary, Sons of Anarchy, Sleepy Hollow, House of Cards.
Favourite Music: Neil Leyton, The Pariahs, Red Orkestra, Aceface, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, Joel Plaskett, Danny Michel, Blue Rodeo, Sloan, Ani DiFranco, Patsy Cline, The Everley Brothers, Moxy Fruvous, Billy Joel, Thrush Hermit, The Reply, The Smiths, D.Rangers, Alun Piggins, Ramin Karimloo, Leonard Cohen, Rufus Wainwright.
Favourite Food: anything Indian, all fruit, raw veggies, gnocchi, cheesecake and falafal.
My family and friends.
My sense of humour.
An open mind.
A healthy disrespect for convention.
I also spend some of my time wondering why my cat attacks walls.