• Spending quality time outdoors! Hiking, camping, picnicking, etc.
• Playing board games (see below for list)
• Dancing Salsa, bachata, Kizomba,swing
• Learning some web development! (So I can work on my startups)
• Creating artwork: Digital photography, painting, building a cat tree from driftwood, Henna, facepaint, wacky hair, and costumes :)
Less frequent (but not less awesome!) activities:
Paragliding, White water rafting, White water kayaking, Flyboarding, Flying a plane, Glassblowing, Jetskiing, Zip lining, Skiing, Snowmobiling, and skydiving!
I just finished my PhD and accepted a job at Fred Hutch! I help groups go from basic research to forming their own companies.
What? I survived all of those unscathed. I think that counts as being "good" at them! :p
Brandon Sanderson, Way of Kings/Words of Radiance, Kingkiller chronicles, Freakenomics, Radiolab, TED Radio Hour, Arrested Development, Fringe, The IT Crowd, Chuck, The Big Bang Theory, Battlestar Galactica, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Alias, Who's Line is it Anyway?, Firefly, Game of Thrones, The XX, Lindsey Stirling, Josh Vietti, Phoenix, Damien Rice, Bon Iver, Andrew Bird, Thai & Indian, Chocolate, yogurt, bread, & tomatoes. Seriously - a good tomato with salt = delicious!
Board/Card Games: Carcassone, Hansa Teutonica, 7 Wonders, Dominion, Gloom, Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, Pandemic, Galaxy Trucker, Rummikub, Spades, Bananagrams, Bang, Phase 10
Okay, I should probably admit this.
Also, how I can convince SDOT to build ziplines around Seattle.
I'm thinking West Seattle -> Belltown -> Downtown -> Capitol Hill -> U-district -> Fremont -> Ballard. Thoughts?
• "I know it sounds weird, but just roll with it, and it will be awesome. That could be the entire guide."
• "As far as living with you, I am kind of drawing a blank because you are seriously the easiest person to live with."
• "You kind of perpetually exist in a state of running 10 minutes late, which takes some getting used to. I learned to roll with it, for the most part." sorry, that's entirely true. I do, however, text early to say that I'm running late
You can also send messages if.....
• You have nerdy and awesome pickup lines to share. I love them. :)
• You want to play the Disney Princess Bathtub Board Game with me. ;)