TL;DR: Biologist, hiker, runner, artist, entrepreneur, salsa/bachata/kizomba dancer, board-game enthusiast, cuddle-addict, and silly hat collector. Looking for someone to join me in my exciting, silly, social, and healthy life!
ExxJ (very extroverted, very judgmental :p (yeah I know that's not what it means), the middle two are about equal either way).
• Becoming an entrepreneur! I have 2 projects that I'm currently working on. One is a dating business (because, let's be honest, this whole process can be improved). Check us out at www.acceler-date.com. My second project is a social event planning app.
• Learning some programming! (So I can build my projects)
• Spending quality time outdoors!: Hiking, camping, picnicking, etc.
• Playing board games (see below for list)
• Creating artwork: Digital photography, painting, building a cat tree from driftwood!
• Decorating myself: Henna, facepaint, wacky hair, costumes :)
• Dancing Salsa, bachata, Kizomba,swing (not clubs). Want to join me? New dance buddies are always great!
• Exercising: I like a variety of running, swimming, stair mastering, weight lifting, and high intensity interval training.
• Baking: I haven't made them in a while. But, cupcakes that look like ducks, penguins, or pandas are pretty cool. Want to join me making them? That sounds like a fun date idea.
• Traveling. Yes, like everyone else, I too enjoy traveling. :p I prefer national parks to cities, but I also like European cities for their awesome architecture and artwork. Let's talk about this in person.
Less frequent (but not less awesome!) activities:
Paragliding, White water rafting, White water kayaking, Flyboarding, Flying a plane, Glassblowing, Jetskiing, Zip lining, Skiing, Snowmobiling, and skydiving!
What? I survived all of those unscathed. I think that counts as being "good" at them! :p
• "I know it sounds weird, but just roll with it, and it will be awesome. That could be the entire guide."
• "As far as living with you, I am kind of drawing a blank because you are seriously the easiest person to live with."
• "You kind of perpetually exist in a state of running 10 minutes late, which takes some getting used to. I learned to roll with it, for the most part." sorry, that's entirely true. I do, however, text early to say that I'm running late
Brandon Sanderson, Mistborn Trilogy, Way of Kings/Words of Radiance, Kingkiller chronicles, Freakenomics, Radiolab, TED Radio Hour, Arrested Development, Fringe, The IT Crowd, Chuck, The Big Bang Theory, Battlestar Galactica, Dollhouse, , 3rd Rock from the Sun, Alias, Who's Line is it Anyway?, Firefly, Orphan Black, Game of Thrones, The XX, Lindsey Stirling, Josh Vietti, Phoenix, Damien Rice, Bon Iver, Andrew Bird,Thai & Indian, Chocolate, yogurt, bread, & tomatoes
Board/Card Games: Carcassone, Hansa Teutonica, 7 Wonders, Dominion, Gloom, Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, Pandemic, Galaxy Trucker, Rummikub, Spades, Bananagrams, Bang, Phase 10, Disney Princess Bathtub Board Game... ;)
Okay, I should probably admit this.
Also, how I can convince SDOT to build ziplines around Seattle.
I'm thinking West Seattle -> Belltown -> Downtown -> Capitol Hill -> U-district -> Fremont -> Ballard. Thoughts?
• I may or may not have been kicked off of both OKC and Tinder previously. (nothing bad, I promise).
Type of relationship I'm looking for
I find self-awareness and honesty to be beautiful things and wish more people were open about them. So, I'll go first and tell you what I'm looking for. Despite the implications of my username, I'm more interested in finding a romantic relationship here than platonic friends. I'm at a stage of dating where if I meet someone who's awesome, I"m open to a long-term relationship. I'm more inclined to meet people who are at this same stage of dating as me. (I define people who are awesome as people who are energetic, outdoorsy, curious, ambitious, and passionate and it shows. +10 points if you're GGG. +20 points if you're smiley.) :)
Unfortunately, I've had this paragraph backfire on me a few times. So, just to clarify, this doesn't mean I expect to be in a relationship on date 2. That's a bit much and frankly, kind of scary. It takes some time for me to figure out if I want to be exclusive or not. I assume the same goes for you too, so don't worry about "relationship", until we actually talk about it. Hopefully that makes sense. Feel free to ask me for clarification. I love open communication! :)
I've also been told I can come off as kind of intimidating. I actually find this pretty funny. I'm not scary - you can say hi. :) Along those lines, if I "like" you, it means I've already read your entire profile, our "unacceptable answers' questions, and find you attractive. It's a pretty good indication that I'll respond to your message. Sometimes I wait to see if you "like me back" before sending a message myself. I do, actually, like to send messages. Please don't misinterpret this as being desperate, though. I just think it's silly to sit around and wait for someone else to "make the first move". (I might also be somewhat of a feminist).
Ok, and now if I haven't already scared you away. I do have some deal-breakers. I'm sorry. I try to avoid negativity, so I'll keep this short. I think they're pretty reasonable. Here goes: smoking, being very religious (I respect religion and religious people, but I'm definitely an atheist and it seems like strong differences in religion just cause relationship problems), Regular drug use, Dislike of cats (I have two! If you're allergic, that should be okay though, my cats are hypoallergenic!), Children from a previous relationship (Cats = max level of commitment right now), Disbelief in evolution, dislike of stem cell research, and/or PETA membership (I'm a scientist...), passiveness, timidness, or lack of ambition
Nerdy, and awesome, pick up lines are also appreciated. :)