* "Flow" makes life worth living.
* Inequality is a (social) engineering problem.
* Lifelong friendships are worth the effort.
* Science is the only true magic.
* Travel begets modesty.
* Fashion and cooking are fun.
* Experiences are worth more than money.
* Quiet reflection is time well-spent.
* The best days end in exhaustion.
Authors: Frank Herbert, Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss, Seneca, Viktor Frankel, Daniel Kahneman, Dan Ariely, the Heath Brothers, Susan Cain, Adam Grant, and many more...
My favorite TV shows are of the nerdy variety: Dr. Who, BSG, etc... but I like anything with good storytelling and some moral introspection.