Movies: I'll watch a movie for any reason: comparing to the book, making fun of awful whitewashing casting choices, getting in a good two hours of James McAvoy fangirling. I gravitate toward fantasy, sci-fi, and smart action movies, and I love anything by Park Chan-Wook and Stanley Kubrick. Notable titles: Snowpiercer, Mad Max: Fury Road, Dr. Strangelove, Stalker, District 9, The Raid, Black Swan.
Shows: I watch a lot of cooking shows as background noise while I'm working on poems. The shows I really follow are Hannibal, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, and Bob's Burgers. I'm a recovering anime nerd, but I still hold onto some favorites: Monster, Baccano!, Revolutionary Girl Utena, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Musicians: Mostly classic/hard rock and heavy metal, with some indie thrown in. Notable artists: Metallica, Muse, The Sword, Owen Pallett, Florence + The Machine, The Mountain Goats, Jack White, The Black Keys.
Food: Italian and American usually take the cake, as does cake. I love to cook at home and explore new restaurants.
2. My phone. It houses my poem notes, my lifeline to my friends, and Google--the external hard drive of the modern mind.
3. My cat Furiosa. Bitey-ness and all.
4. Poetry slams, a full schedule of them.
5. The pork tenderloin sandwich at The Steeping Room.
6. Dresses. Classy enough for formal occasions but still lazy and comfy.
--Prowling I Luv Video like a sullen hoodie-wearing hipster
--Binge-watching Hannibal for the nth time with my friends
Or if you know a good pasta place.