Some things I want to make sure are clear:
- I am married but at this point it is more of a partnership and friendship than a romantic relationship. I love her and we have a very strong relationship but we no longer get everything we need from each other (I'm no longer convinced you can from a single person).
- We share two beautiful daughters who also happen to be twins. No one is more important in my life than the two of them and nearly every decision I make is made with their health and happiness in mind.
- We date other people and have been for over two years. Ideally, I would like to meet people that are both understanding of the commitments I already have and interested in forming some sort of meaningful connection with me. I selected 'Open Relationship' because that most closely describes what we have.
- I am not really looking for anything specific, so anything from friends to a casual relationship to something more serious is fine. My circle of friends is pretty small and I would love to branch out and meet people I would otherwise never meet.
- I sometimes have a really hard time making the first move or initiating contact, but once there is a rapport I can definitely be charming and engaging (I may be biased). This difficulty is highly correlated with how interested and attracted I am in you. I'm working on it, but some things are harder than others to fix.
I suppose my taste in movies is similar to my taste in books, but less dominated by a single genre. I am probably as interested in watching a good documentary as I am in whatever is nominated for best picture this year and I am especially fond of the older movies I watched with my grandfather when I was younger and he was still alive. Think Casablanca, 12 Angry Men, Tora Tora Tora and you will have an idea of what I am talking about.
I watch much less TV than I used to. I mostly watch whatever is available on demand or on Netflix. This includes:
- Mad Men
- House of Cards
- The Newsroom
- A surprising number of shows on the Food Network
My musical tastes are probably the hardest for me to really convey in a little text box. I enjoy listening to a wide variety of things and my preferences shift often (Hip Hop to Grime to Trap to Blues to Classical to Funk to Jazz back to Funk all in one day). Spotify has been a great way for me to explore things I would otherwise never encounter but if anyone has any suggestions or is really passionate about a type of music let me know.
You are a feminist and also believe in and work towards a world where we have equality for everyone (intersectionalism is extremely important). I could try to explain why this is important to me, but I'd rather not waste my time. If you don't understand it no hard feelings but please pass me up.
I am also NOT interested in dating men at this time, although I am flattered at the interest. Yes, I know I selected bisexual as my sexual orientation but please still respect that I'm not looking fornmen at this time.