I'm a tall-ish skinny nerdy INTJ extroverted-introvert dude that lives and works in downtown Minneapolis. I enjoy art, graphic design, video game design, technology, science, vegetarian cooking, organization, biking, living minimally, and playing piano. I am loaded with random information, and love to share it. I attend and volunteer at as many local arts festivals as I can. I don't drink, smoke, do any kinds of drugs, or follow any sort of religion. In a woman, I'm looking for someone who lives within the bounds of Minneapolis or very close, and who also shares similar interests. I'm looking for someone who is tough, responsive, aware, intelligent, and independent.
I would ideally like to enter a long-term relationship, but you can never tell if something is going to work long-term if it doesn't first work in the short-term. I begin all relationships as friends, and let time tell if it can become something more.
THINGS I'D LIKE TO DO WITH YOU:
If doing any of these things sounds appealing to you, we should probably hang out (no particular order):
go for leisurely strolls around town, biking for the sake of biking, visit local landmarks and learn about their history, stroll around any number of local art galleries and museums such as Soap Factory, MCAD, MIA, Walker, go on tours of local apartments/condos just because you've always wondered what they look like inside, go to farmer's markets, go geocaching or benchmarking around town, attend local events such as Northern Spark, Art A Whirl, Stone Arch Bridge Festival, 30 Days Of Biking, Open Streets, group bike ride events, SGDQ, see a movie at the Main, attend various meetups, binge watch documentaries, indie films, or a tv series together, watch twitch streams, watch TED Talks, go to an electronic music event and dance even though you can't dance, play co-op video games with me, take community education classes in random things you've always wanted to learn, volunteer for events, think about starting a garden, visit creepy old buildings, come up with ideas for weird little public art projects, ...
THINGS PEOPLE USUALLY DON'T LIKE ABOUT ME:
To make things easy for everyone, I decided to make a list of common deal-breakers that I may have to save you some reading time...
- Video games are a part of my life. However, they do not take over all of my free time or prevent me from doing other things. They're just a form of art that I have a great appreciation for.
- I no longer own a car. I have my license, and did a whole lot of driving back in my college years. Ever since I moved downtown and got a job here I decided to donate it. I bike, walk, or bus everywhere now, and it's changed my life and made me much healthier. If I really need a car for some reason, I use Uber, Lyft, or rent one.
- I'm trying to become a vegetarian. I don't hate people who eat meat, or have any kind of agenda behind my decision. It just happens to be that I much prefer the taste and nutritional value of meatless foods. I have been known to eat meat if there were no other options available.
- I don't drink alcohol. I'm not opposed to being around people who drink, and don't think less of people that do. I just value keeping myself aware and concentrated.
- I have allergies to cats. I grew up around dogs, rodents, fish, and birds my whole life until moving away for college. I some how ended up with allergies. Luckily they aren't severe, just kind of annoying. I love animals though!
- I enjoy getting outside and being active every week, but it is not my biggest passion in life. Biking, walking, jogging, are all fun, but I don't consider myself a highly active, outdoorsy person.
- I plan on living here in Minnesota for the foreseeable future, most likely in Minneapolis. While I will probably live in a variety of different places all around the city over the years, I want to stay here.
- Even though I think and plan out my life carefully, spontaneity is important to me. I go a bit crazy if my life becomes too repetitive!
If you are ok with all of the above things, or can relate to them, then we may potentially work out!
Half-Life 1, Half-life 2, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, Mirror's Edge, Portal 2, Minecraft, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Flower, Journey, Harvest Moon, King Arthur's Gold, Little Big Planet, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Natural Selection 2, Heavy Rain, SimCity, Monaco, Grand Theft Auto V, Overcooked, Astroneer, Audioshield, Soundboxing, INSIDE, and many more. I'm an amateur game developer, so try to be diverse in what I play.
Inception, Children of Men, The Truman Show, Moon, Amélie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Star Wars, and many more...
I have a huge list of movies that I haven't seen and would really enjoy watching with someone *hint*. I have a hard time watching movies by myself, so my list is getting quite lengthy. I also live within walking distance of a movie theater *hint x2*.
I have a wide range of musical interests, but my biggest love lies in electronic music. I prefer instrumental, downtempo composition. I was a radio DJ for 2 years, with an ultra chilled late night show where I played soft, relaxing electronica.
A few random artists I enjoy: Yann Tiersen, Tycho, The Album Leaf, Helios, Pogo, Trash80, Daft Punk, Gui Borotto, Nobuo Uematsu.
I relate to the music that I listen to, even though I prefer instrumental. Here's a way of getting to know me in the form of music...
Ochre - A Midsummer Nice Dream
Mirror's Edge - The Shard (Puzzle)
Gui Boratto - The Verdict
Tycho - Past is Prologue
Yann Tiersen - Summer 78
Loscil - Kursk
The Walking Dead, Arrested Development, The IT Crowd, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Rick and Morty. There are so many more shows I wish I had the time to watch, and someone to watch with me. I would like to get into Stranger Things, Black Mirror, Lost, Twin Peaks, X-Files, Twilight Zone, and a few others that I'm forgetting the name of.
.. -.-. .- -. .-. . .- -.. .- -. -.. .-- .-. .. - . -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. .
.. -.. --- -. - .... .- ...- . .- .-. .- -.. .. --- .-.. .. -.-. . -. ... . - .... --- ..- --. .... .-.-.-
When it comes to appearance, the only preferences I have are for women that aren't really big into makeup.
I appreciate someone who also has some level of awareness about society, and the ridiculous amount of social pressures and manipulation that has made all of us who we are. I like to think of it as...breaking life's fourth wall. Sooo deep, I know.
Being a responsive, respectful person is important to me, and I hope it is to you too. It's rare that anyone responds to my first initial message, but if you do, please don't lead me on to believe that you're interested in me when you really aren't. I've been 'ghosted' and flaked on more times than I can remember now and it hurts. No relationship can happen when it takes 24 hours or more between each message.
Honestly, the best way to get to know me is to just spend an evening talking to me in person. I'm up for meeting in person as soon as you are.
Thank you, if you took time to read all of this. I look forward to meeting whoever can actually relate to any of this!