I'm a tall-ish skinny nerdy INTJ extroverted-introvert dude that lives and works in downtown Minneapolis. I enjoy art, graphic design, video game design, technology, science, vegetarian cooking, organization, biking, living minimally, and playing piano. I am loaded with random information, and love to share it. I attend and volunteer at as many local arts festivals as I can. I don't drink, smoke, do any kinds of drugs, or follow any sort of religion. In a woman, I'm looking for someone who lives within the bounds of Minneapolis, and who also shares similar interests. I value toughness, responsiveness, awareness, intelligence, and independence.
I would ideally like to enter a long-term relationship, but you can never tell if something is going to work long-term if you don't first work in the short-term. I begin all relationships as friends, and let time tell if it can become something more.
To make things easy for everyone, I decided to make a list of common deal-breakers that I may have to save you some reading time...
- Video games are a part of my life. However, they do not take over all of my free time or prevent me from doing other things. They're just a form of art that I have appreciation for.
- I no longer own a car. I have my license, and did a whole lot of driving back in my college years. Ever since I moved downtown and got a job here I decided to donate it. I bike, walk, or bus everywhere now, and it's changed my life and made me much healthier. If I really need a car for some reason, I use Uber, Lyft, or rent one.
- I'm trying to become a vegetarian. I don't hate people who eat meat, or have any kind of agenda behind my decision. It just happens to be that I much prefer the taste and nutritional value of meatless foods. I have been known to eat meat if there were no other options available.
- I don't drink alcohol. I'm not opposed to being around people who drink, and don't think less of people that do. I just value keeping myself aware and concentrated.
- I have allergies to cats. I grew up around dogs, rodents, fish, and birds my whole life until moving away for college. I some how ended up with allergies. Luckily they aren't severe, just kind of annoying. I love animals though!
- I enjoy getting outside and being active every week, but it is not my biggest passion in life. Biking, walking, jogging, are all fun, but I don't consider myself a highly active, outdoorsy person.
- I plan on living here in Minnesota for the foreseeable future, most likely in Minneapolis. While I will probably live in a variety of different places all around the city over the years, I want to stay here.
- Even though I think and plan out my life carefully, spontaneity is important to me. I go a bit crazy if my life becomes too repetitive!
If you are ok with all of the above things, or can relate to them, then we may potentially work out!
Here's the long original form of my profile:
I am a calm and collected, nerdy, designery, extroverted-introvert. An INTJ and somewhat of a loner, too. My extroverted side makes me quite talkative to everyone, even strangers. The introverted side makes me prefer the company of only one or a couple friends at a time. I've been told that I have a nice voice, but I can't tell if that's just a way of saying that I have a "face for radio". However, I once volunteered as a DJ for my local college radio station...
I'm fine being around people who drink a little, but in general I avoid alcohol-focused events unless there's good food or something else interesting going on at the same time. I do not follow any religion or faith, and do not plan on changing that.
I also have a fondness for living minimally, cleanly, and healthy. My diet is typically meat-less, and instead consists of various raw grains, legumes, fruits, and nuts. I love cooking! I do not own a car, and instead spend a lot of time bicycling. I bike for the joy of biking, and exercise is just an added benefit. No spandex for me. I try to attend as many of the art festivals and bike related events around town as my job allows. The weirder, the better.
I live a simple and peaceful life, so if you're someone who has a chaotic one, I would probably be a nice break for you. I'll often get out and walk or bike around town just to enjoy the weather. I love cool, breezy times of year when it rains and storms.
Art, technology, and design (web/graphic/game) are three critically important aspects of my life. They are what I do professionally and in my spare time. I also do Twitch broadcasting for fun. I now own a 3d printer that I want to get back to using again. I also have a virtual reality studio in my apartment, and am developing a few things for it.
I am an opinionated and talkative person on just about any subject. However, unlike most highly opinionated people, I have a good gauge of appropriateness and tact to avoid coming off as a jerk (to put it nicely). I really dislike pretentiousness in a person, so I do whatever I can to not come off that way.
Even though I attend a great deal of events around town, at heart I am an independent person. I don't have a consistent group of people that I hang out with. I only allow myself to become a part of the lives of individuals who mean a lot to me. It's a quality over quantity thing. This paragraph will scare away the majority of the people reading this, but I'm ok with that. It's one of those sentiments that either speaks to you, or it doesn't.
Half-Life 1, Half-life 2, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, Mirror's Edge, Portal 2, Minecraft, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Flower, Journey, Harvest Moon, King Arthur's Gold, Little Big Planet, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Natural Selection 2, Heavy Rain, SimCity, Monaco, Grand Theft Auto V, Overcooked, Astroneer, and many more. I'm an amateur game developer, so try to be diverse in what I play.
Inception, Children of Men, The Truman Show, Moon, Amélie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Star Wars, and many more...
I have a huge list of movies that I haven't seen and would really enjoy watching with someone *hint*. I have a hard time watching movies by myself, so my list is getting quite lengthy. I also live within walking distance of a movie theater *hint x2*.
I have a wide range of musical interests, but my biggest love lies in electronic music. I prefer instrumental, downtempo composition. I was a radio DJ for 2 years, with an ultra chilled late night show where I played soft, relaxing electronica.
A few random artists I enjoy: Yann Tiersen, Tycho, The Album Leaf, Helios, Pogo, Trash80, Daft Punk, Gui Borotto, Nobuo Uematsu.
I relate deeply to the music that I listen to, even though I prefer instrumental. Here's a way of getting to know me in the form of music...
Mirror's Edge - The Shard (Puzzle)
Gui Boratto - The Verdict
Tycho - Past is Prologue
Yann Tiersen - Summer 78
Loscil - Kursk
The Walking Dead, Arrested Development, The IT Crowd, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. There are so many more shows I wish I had the time to watch, and someone to watch with me. I would like to get into Stranger Things, Black Mirror, Lost, and a few others that I'm forgetting the name of.
.. -.-. .- -. .-. . .- -.. .- -. -.. .-- .-. .. - . -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. .
.. -.. --- -. - .... .- ...- . .- .-. .- -.. .. --- .-.. .. -.-. . -. ... . - .... --- ..- --. .... .-.-.-
When it comes to appearance, the only preferences I have are for women that aren't really big into makeup. Most piercings and tattoos are cool, but for some reason I'm not a fan of septum piercings and spider bites. Just like, my opinion, man.
I appreciate someone who also has some level of awareness about society, and the ridiculous amount of social pressure and manipulation that has made all of us who we are. I like to think of it as...breaking life's fourth wall. Sooo deep, I know.
Honestly, the best way to get to know me is to just spend an evening talking to me in person.
Thank you, if you took time to read all of this. I look forward to meeting whoever can actually relate to any of this!