Relocated to the Twin Cities area in early November 2014. I've lived in NYC, Belgium, Chicago, DC, Baltimore and upstate NY.
Starting grad school in January 2016.
Movies: The Insider, Good Night and Good Luck, The Scarlet Pimpernel, My Cousin Vinny, Moonstruck, Shawshank Redemption, The Usual Suspects, A Few Good Men, Dead Poet's Society
Shows: Sports Night, The League, The West Wing
Podcasts: MBMBaM, You Made It Weird, Stop Podcasting Yourself, How Did This Get Made?, Professor Blastoff, Pop Culture Happy Hour
Music: Nickel Creek, The Kooks, Death Cab for Cutie, The Avett Brothers, Gomez, Jukebox the Ghost, The Noisettes, Ben Folds, Mika, Queen, the list goes on...
Food: Anything Belgian. And sometimes French.
2) Karaoke - I love a good karaoke night. I think there's a real art to picking the right song and love finding people who appreciate this as much as I do.
3) Social Media - I'm addicted, yes. But I've moved around a lot and FB/Twitter/Instagram is what keeps me connected to my friends and family. Plus, I just think it's fun. And I'm not even a little ashamed of any of this.
4) Public Radio - Sorta goes without saying, but it's like a religion for me.
5) Travel - Back to that whole "I've moved around a lot" thing. I tend to travel to see people and have never really been on a true vacation, but I'm hoping to change that in the near future.
6) Friends, family, laughter, the interwebs, my glasses/contacts, work, books, music and all those other more obvious things.