I like to think of myself as positive, funny, kind, reliable, friendly, thoughtful, clever, and having a large vocabulary of adjectives.
I like one-on-one conversations more than group chats, but I also love hosting parties. Playing flip cup with the type of people who you can also have an intellectual conversation with is the bees' knees.
I'm originally from Washington State, and went to college at UW in Seattle. Sometimes I miss the rain, but having sun ALL THE TIME is pretty great. Go Seahawks!
I've also been told that I could be a professional masseuse, but I prefer to remain amateur.
Movies: Gladiator, Forrest Gump, Lord of the Rings, the original Star Wars, The Princess Bride, Top Gun. And I like new movies too: "Live. Die. Repeat." might be the best scifi movie I've seen, and definitely the best time travel story.
TV Shows: Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Archer, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, and I could probably go on.
Podcasts: This American Life, Serial, Planet Money, StartUp, Hardcore History, the TED Radio Hour, and Science Friday. Jay obviously framed Adnan, right? But what about the Nisha call?
Music: My musical taste is very eclectic. Every artist has their own trip, and it's fun to figure it out and appreciate it.
Lately I can be found listening to a lot of hip hop and electronic stuff, like Blue Scholars, Atmosphere, Outkast, J Cole, Kanye, Common, Bonobo, Ratatat.
More Music: The Beatles, Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam, Regina Spektor, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cake, The Black Keys, Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, Florence & The Machine, and the list goes on.
Food: Sushi & Mediterranean top the list, but Indian and Mexican are up there too. I love a good salad for lunch.
2. Shared experience with family, friends, co-workers. I love being a part of a team.
3. The crazy antics of my dog, the jumping bean.
4. Mornings! Important distinction: I don't like to GET up early, but I love to BE up early.
5. Exercise – gotta stay healthy!
"Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."
* You're comfortable calling yourself a feminist.
* You value authenticity over status.
* You're kind; you try to see others' perspectives, and judge carefully.
* You're motivated to be your best you.
* Your profile is funnier than mine.