*disclaimer- if you only tell me I'm cute or pretty or beautiful I'm not going to respond to you. If you ask me how I'm doing or how's my day or any form of this question, I'm not going to respond. Engaging each other online shouldn't be this complicated. Y'all men still need to be charming online. *
It is hard to talk about myself (cliche) but I am going to outline who I am and what I am looking for in a potential partner (all about the interdependencies of being in a relationship).
1. I am a funny, witty, above average intelligence and a really sweet person. And this is only what my friends and family have told me. If I had to describe myself in three words/phrases, I would say I'm considerate, fiesty, and fun to be around.
2. I am doing a lot in my life. Professionally, I am a sales manager. I also launched my start up this year. I am the board chair for my alumni organization and I volunteer with various orgs. I believe in a life of service.
3. I work hard but I definitely believe in rewarding my hard work. While my job does cause me to rack up the miles, I try to take at least two vacations a year. I love to eat and cook. I have season tickets to the Falcons games just because I love football. My favorite football team is the Eagles and I try to go to two games a year with them.
What am I looking for in a partner:
1. Someone who is funny. It is really hard to date guys without a personality. It is also difficult for me to engage with men who are "laid back." That shit is weak. I have no laid back people in my life. All my friends are highly motivated and bring a lot to the table. Likewise, I am looking for someone who I love to hang around with like a friend but will eventually want to take to bed and have sex ( yeah I said it and no its not all I am looking for in a partner but sexual attraction is a must and I find funny, smart, intellectual guys extremely sexy. They call it sapio sexual. I call it being able to make me wet without touching me).
2. A person who is dating with a purpose. Have some sort of end game. At this stage of the game, you need to know what you want and where you want things to go.
3. That is it. I don't have a long exhaustive list of qualities or must haves for my partner. I am not perfect and I am not seeking perfection. Let's grow together. However, have a solid foundation and stability in your life. If you are hurt and havent gotten therapy, go handle that. You will have healthier relationships once you deal with your own issues.
So if I havent scared you off and you want to get to know me more, send me a thoughtful message. Let me help you out:
Hi, how you doing, what you doing, how's your day, hey, hey beautiful, I think you are pretty, etc... are not thoughtful messages. All they signal to me is that you saw my profile and my pictures and I am easy on the eyes. Let me know that you read my actual profile. Mention my sports teams, ask me where I have traveled, or what my favorite food is. These things are meant to be conversation starters.
Once we start the conversation, try to move the conversation offline. Ask for my number. Once you get the number, actually call me. Do not text me. We could keep texting on OKC. Try to meet me sooner than later. Online dating doesnt have to be awkward but the long, drawn out messages, and weird exchanges make it that way. Let's do better going into 2016.
Even if you don't like me, hopefully you can use these tips with other women. I know for a fact that they will work.