If you wanna make contact, ping me on fb.com/willyhay . Much easier.
Things I like AUTUMN EDITION:
+ Fossicking for mushrooms
+ Riding everywhere
+ Reacquainting self with Guinness
+ Worrying about my mango tree
+ Word processing on a tiny laptop
+ Rekindling old friendships on the beach with a cup of Moccona and a wistful jingle.
Things I like SUMMER EDITION archived:
+ The Supernatural Ampitheatre
+ Camper vans
+ Skipping town
+ Getting churned by waves (who wants to learn to surf with me?)
+ Lazing and drinking in Edinburgh Gardens
+ Drain raves
+ *Everyone likes these things*
+ Sitting in banked-up traffic on Hoddle Street, intermittent scorching from seat belt buckle, arm dangled languorously in the sun, Link Wray trebling from the melting dashboard, best friend by my side.
Things I like WINTER EDITION archived:
+ Jonathan Richman
+ New media
+ Roaring fires
+ Chatting in bed
+ Bracing walks (bush & 'burb)
+ Baking (burning)
+ Leatherwood honey
+ *under construction*
Things I don't like ETERNITY EDITION:
- The Invisible Hand
- Mick Hucknall
- An empty cheeseboard
- Horse racing. If you wear a funny hat on Cup Day I will hate you.
- temporary flag tattoos on cheeks. If you've ever done this I will attack you with a hammer.
- Moustache-play. If your idea of the offbeat amounts to applying a felt moustache and mugging, I'll send in the drones.
Currently have facial hair as seen in supplementary pic.
Lack of dog in life suddenly a problem. If you have a mutt, get in touch! I will lavish you both with affection.
- UPDATE: Possibility of adoption. Whippersnapper with underbite and silly walk. Will know soon!
STOP THE PRESSES!
I impulse bought a duck. Problem solved.
- I am suddenly and spectacularly 'of independent means'*.
I spend an extraordinary amount of time on Sydney Road soaking it all in and buying inscrutable confectionaries from the local bistros.
A playlist of my favourite tunes: http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Okcupid/75461015 .
I'll be adding to it regularly.
My favourite albums:
Her Satanic Majesties Second Request by Brian Jonestown Massacre
I am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass by Yo La Tengo
Let England Shake by PJ Harvey
Chelsea Girl by Nico
Cowboy in Sweden by Lee Hazlewood
Some of my favourite songs:
Because her beauty is raw and wild by Jonathan Richman
I am waiting by The Rolling Stones
Your party by Ween
No regrets by Scott Walker
Ecstasy by the Magnetic Fields
The Go-Betweens, Magnetic Fields, Jonathan Richman, Yo La Tengo, NEU!, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Julianna Barwick, early Rolling Stones, The Clean, PJ Harvey, John Maus, Queen (theme of last acid trip: 'Freddie Mercury, too good to live?' Discuss), Leonard Cohen, Joanna Newsom, Television, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Fugazi, Velvet Underground, Can, Cruel Sea, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Lucksmiths, !!!, The Sundays, Gillian Welch, Belle & Sebastian, Morrissey, Pulp, Caribou (I have been known to brood to Niobe in the dark), Galaxie 500, Linda Perhacs, ABBA, Eddy Current Suppression Ring, Nico, Lio, Modern Lovers, Bob Dylan, Lee Hazlewood, Dirty Three (I, like many others, was born at their torrential 2004 Meredith set), Madonna etc etc.
Current fancies: Grimes, Prince, Belinda Carlisle, Unknown Mortal Orchstra.
Film: Naked, Waltz with Bashir, The Tin Drum, Rushmore, Das Festen, Carnal Knowledge, Boys Don't Cry, David Cronenberg, Trainspotting, Into The Wild, Midnight Cowboy, Happy Go Lucky. WERNER HERZOG - his documentary The Great Ecstasy of Woodcarver Steiner is beautiful - http://youtu.be/liYnvIBLMBQ. I'd lower my urbane sprawl onto Greater Gerwig.
Words: Raymond Carver, Zadie Smith, Frederick Seidel, Vladimir Nabokov, Martin Amis, Nicola Themistes. Truman Capote - I have a big photograph of him on my wall. The Fuck-ups Guide to Having Demons.
Mags: New Yorker, Economist, Vanity Fair.
Sites: MetaFilter, BoingBoing, /., Arts+Letters Daily, TechCrunch, Mess+Noise, Crikey.
Podcasts: Sunday Night Safran, Stuff You Should Know, WTF with Marc Maron, 3RRR miscellany, The Moth, Late Night Live.
Foods: Thai, Vietnamese, Greek, Lebanese, pears, bananas, basil, haloumi, mushrooms.
The elegance of Lee Hazlewood's songwriting.
Love and desire.
When and where I can get a drink.
Which of my friends I'd eat first.
1. My top matches when I first made an account here were my housemate and someone I've slept with before. That's quite an algorithm!
2. My name is Will.
3. I while away tram rides with the OkC questionnaire. I have now provided a staggering 1580 answers, so if you want a measure on my bedroom proclivities or political fancies, take a look.
4. I've been noodling around the profiles here for a few months now, and particular mainstays of the write-ups are beginning to grate.
4a) Coffee. Yes you drink coffee, and your dependence on it requires you to drink it before doing anything else - Hooray! But it's not 1975 and coffee consumption is no longer a cultural signifier.
4b) You love to laugh - that is because it is an evolutionary imperative at the very baseline of the human experience. Maybe you should mention your opposable thumbs too.
5. All my dreams are lucid dreams.
6. The start of Bachelor Kisses makes me cry every time I hear it. Grant McLennans death moved me so much more that I could have anticipated, and this song in particular catapults me back to 2006 and a Brunswick sharehouse, listening and sobbing and mourning an almost famous person I'd never met.
7. Am probably here for friends and sex more than a Significant Other. Got a pretty high relationship threshold due to excellent last girlfriend, but these things can escalate. UPDATE: I am ready for true love.
8. My OkC enemy rating with women of Asian origin is uniformly, abysmally high. What's the deal? Why do you hate me so much! Really, operators are standing by.
( * - in a Curly's Gold sense )
Time wasters, DTF, stoic life partners, tyre-kickers: all are welcome.
Throw me a bone.