As I mentioned above I tend to stay in a lot, but when I do go out I like going to the movies, going to restaurants, shopping for books, or just walking around town aimlessly. I keep telling myself I'm going to start jogging someday, but I always seem to find an excuse to put it off. Once or twice a month I hit the bar and wake up the next day completely unaware of what transpired the previous night. I'm a total light weight.
My sense of humor skews toward the self-deprecating and is often mistaken for actual self esteem issues, which I can assure you is not the case. I am awesome. Well, maybe just kind of awesome. Adequately awesome at the very least. Biggest character flaw? I have a tendency to second-guess myself.
My last relationship lasted for a little over 11 years and ended earlier this year. It seems during that time I've totally forgotten how to interact with other people. So, this is me reintroducing myself to civilization. On the internet. That is how people communicate these days, right?
So totally disregard that last paragraph. My ex and I have reconciled and are back together. So I guess she really isn't my ex anymore.
I'm heading back to school this winter semester and hope to get my degree in Information Technology within a couple of years. I swear every time I go back to school the people there get younger and younger.
I firmly believe that Ghostbusters and Chinatown are the two most perfect movies ever made. I love 30 Rock and Community and am really bummed out that they both end this year. I also like Parks and Rec, Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and just about anything Joss Whedon does. Holy crap, Arrested Development is coming back in May! How cool is that?
Music wise I'm stuck in the late 80s and early 90s. I love Pavement, Sebadoh, Pixies, My Bloody Valentine, Uncle Tupelo, and other indie bands from that era. My favorite album of all time is probably London Calling by The Clash. I also like some classic rock, some newer indie stuff, and older hip hop. I also have a soft spot for really terrible dance pop even though I'm legally banned from dancing in the state of Michigan. That last bit was a lie.
I'll eat pretty much anything as long as there aren't any peanuts or broccoli involved.
2. One of my crappy guitars. I don't play very well at all, and I almost never play in front of other people, but I enjoy playing all the same.
3. A copy of Pavement' s fourth album, Brighten the Corners, and something to play it on. That doesn't count as two, does it?
4. Cold medicine. Whenever something's going around I always seem to catch it. I swear I've had the same cold since '08.
5. A book of some sort. It doesn't really matter what kind. Just something with paper and words. Pictures optional.
6. Diet Pepsi. I drink the stuff all the time. I'm beginning to think I might have a problem.